Posted: Mar 25, 2018 @ 6:03pm
Updated: Mar 25, 2018 @ 6:17pm

F1 2017>Need for Speed<Destruction Derby 2<Forza>Gran Turismo<GRID>F1 2017<Micro Machines 2:Turbo Tournament

Codemasters' F1 2017 has more simulation in the pit stop and the corporate office grind than behind the wheel, but if you're boycotting Electronic Arts on stark ethical grounds and thus can't play Forza, or the Grid 2 Day-One DLC deluge was enough to make a projectile-vomit out your last remaining desire to acquire a decent PC racing collection and has you reeling from a chronic nausea five years hence that still physically restricts you from bringing yourself to buy that torrential abomination even during a Steam sale, F1 might be right up your alley if you don't already have Rock n' Roll racing or R.C. Pro-Am II.

I played 2017 during the recent free weekend and will definitely purchase it when the need for speed hits me like a cold heroin sweat come springtime, even though, as I understand it, none of the race tracks are a pool table or a bath tub and there is not a single midi rendition of “Born to Be Wild."

Also, open-wheeled cars are friggin' dope.
7/10 Would open my DRS while driving through strictly regulated areas again