Posted: Mar 7, 2018 @ 1:06am
Updated: Mar 16 @ 5:19am

Prohibited from being streamed on Twitch for the paradoxically arbitrary reason that, unlike Grand Theft Auto and Saints Row, it portrays the murdering of other human beings as horrific, heinous and terrifying, as opposed to being a wacky and hilarious romp, Hatred, underneath it all, is just a smidgen less exciting than the fearmongering, Jack Thompson-esque, media-confusion sledge-hammer forged by the likes of Kotaku/Polygon, etc. had rendered, apparently, from all of the assault weapons and fat of the murdered children said outlets would have liked me to believe it's debut trailer was literally wrought of, had initially led me to expect of it.

However, as a bloody, existentially challenging two-day distractionfest to keep one company during the aftermath of what felt akin to a karmically impelled alcohol poisoning from an all-night bender enjoyed exclusively on the business-end of homemade, Almond-milk-based White Russians, Hatred fulfills every aspect one could desire in a gorgeously polished, disturbingly dark (if not comically so, at times) spiritual successor to Postal, albeit bereft of any tongues in any cheeks and the presence of the Gary Colemen.

What inspired my purchase (aside from the experience documented above), was that I wanted, in experiencing Hatred for myself, to understand the type of flat-headed foamface it is that believes acts of satirical violence as such are found in the likes of GTA are somehow more “fictional,” thus less inherently “malevolent” than the comparatively “senseless” (a word used by Kotaku) digital bloodlust unapologetically displayed here, as if to assert that any person imbibing media requires some omnidirectional, obtuse wink and/or nod from it's creator, in some semblance of a mutually agreed upon Cultural Insurance Policy to mawkishly buffer them, lest they become a contemporary Marilyn Manson or Eminem-styled scapegoat in the aftermath of another school shooting occurring within an eye-blink of their work's release, by assuring Zack the Psychomanic and the public at large that all of this is indeed, “not real.”

“I ♥♥♥♥ing hate politics; but more than that, I hate politicians.” -The Antagonist, stage 5

(Correction: After writing the thesis of this review, I noticed that Hatred no longer appears on the “Twitch List of Prohibited Games,” where since it's release it had satisfyingly lain between the waifu-sodden bed-sheets of “Harem Party” and “HuniePop” in Siberian exile. For that matter, neither do the far more mainstream Manhunt or Fahrenheit, so let us stream away! The yet unfinished, yet somehow still highly egregious “Yandere Simulator” is still on The List, though; here's to Joseph Stalin selling his Twitch shares in the near future.)

8/10 Would not think of the children again
Leon "Sex" Kennedy Mar 16 @ 5:22am
thomaselliot811
Thanks. I finally fixed the one grammatical error that I initially missed. I hope it makes sense now, foamface.
thomaselliot811 Mar 8, 2018 @ 8:36pm
.............................................................................................................................huh? ...............................................................................................................................