Recent reviews by WhatTheFox!!

Looks good, but it's just terribly boring. Go play any other mainstream ARPG instead, such as the Diablo or Torchlight series.
Posted February 22.
Get this if you want mods and the "classic" experience. If you don't give a damn about mods, and your comptuer is not over 5 years old, get Skyrim Special Edition.
Posted November 23, 2016.
Literally the same game but with prettier water and is more hardware-intensive than the original Skyrim. Oh also minus mods.
Posted November 19, 2016. Last edited November 20, 2016.
Runs like hot garbage, and it always has for the past 3 years.
Out of the 3 hours I have, I have only been able to actually play for like 10 minutes.
Laggy steaming pile of bull that seemingly will never leave the alpha.
- - - - - -
January 15
Still runs terribly. The game is a real memory hog, and I can't really see any optimization being done for the game.
I actually am positive Garry doesn't give one about this prototype of a game, and hasn't for a good while.
Posted November 11, 2016. Last edited January 15.
With how Mafia III turned out to be, you are better off playing Mafia II instead.

The reasons are:

· Runs MUCH better than Mafia III. Seriously, you do not need one of Nvidia's latest GPUs to even try to get this game to run at anywhere close to 60FPS.
· Graphically on par with Mafia III.
· Better AI.
· The use of Nvidia's PhysX just makes smoke, particles and such prettier and way more realistic.
· Better physics in general.
· Features and other little things Mafia III seems to be missing, because of either laziness from the devs or lack of time to code 'em in the game. I don't know.
· The game's combat system is pretty cool, the way you engage into the fight and how it develops.
· The game's story and characters are miles better.

It is sad Mafia III ended up being a big warm mound of dog dookie, but hey, at least we still have Mafia II.
Posted October 11, 2016. Last edited October 11, 2016.
It looks and feels like a fanmade game.
Posted June 22, 2016.
I'd rather play Spelunky.
Posted February 13, 2016.
It is a good tech demo/epilogue to The Phantom Pain, but I have my doubts whether the content is worth the price it asks for.

Anyhow, I guess it was good for those who were patiently waiting for The Phantom Pain, and for Konami to charge more for Metal Gear Solid V.

I'll half-recommend the game solely because this was something to keep those patient fans busy while they waited for like another year to get the actual game, and also you get to know what happens right before The Phantom Pain, but honestly, Ground Zeroes, which in its entirety happens to be just the epilogue and a bunch of side missions so it doesn't feel like an empty rip-off, should have been added to the final product.
Posted September 13, 2015. Last edited September 19, 2015.
Literal zero gameplay. Also all of the "positive" reviews are "jokes" mocking the game.
Posted August 6, 2015.
Pros
- The gameplay and its new additions

Neutral
- The graphics (the game doesn't look ugly, but it doesn't quite look pretty either).

Cons
- The display resolutions it offers. They literally change nothing.
- For some reason it takes up to, and beyond, 2GB of RAM even when just staying idle in the main menu.
- The FPS drop A LOT unless you play with all the graphic options on the lowest (even on the lowest settings I get 30-40 FPS, so I say it's just poorly optimized).
- The game, as of today, does NOT run on any machine with integrated graphics (so no game for laptop users).

It's a really fun game, although, I believe that it just is not worth getting (for now), as it's an expensive badly ported game most will be unable to play.
Let's just wait for the fixes/patches that, hopefully, will fix this game up and make it properly playable.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

05/01/16

The game still runs like garbage and you still cannot get rid of the "cinematic bars". A console port will stay a console port no matter what is done about it.

Still do not recommend this thing.
Posted September 5, 2014. Last edited January 5, 2016.