Recent reviews by TrueKnight

< 1  2  3 >
This is a great action role-playing/open world game. Story has been pretty good and a ton of side mission content.

I'd liken it to Skyrim with a mythological twist.

Note - If you're playing this on Steam, it will need to launch UPlay in the background. Depending on your system setup, you may need to run Steam as Admin (right click Steam > Run as Administrator). The game would not launch unless I did this because the connection to UPlay couldn't establish properly.
Posted November 25. Last edited November 25.
Great sequel! This game is probably better in almost every way (graphically, story, pirates!).

This game does seem to have more story/voice acting than the original, which may not be for everyone, especially if you're looking for more action/battles. Voice acting is mostly top notch and very well done. I'm almost to the end of the main story and will be taking a detour to complete some of the DLC.

Great isometric RPG! Recommend if you're a fan of POE1 or either of the original Baldur's Gate games.
Posted January 10. Last edited January 14.
This is like a spiritual successor to the Baldurs Gate trilogy. The story was a little hard to get into at first, but this has been a great old-school isometric RPG.

I highly recommend it.
Posted November 24, 2020. Last edited December 13, 2020.
I've only played for about 3 1/2 hours but already beat the story mode and have all achievements. I never "lost" a game or got into an unwinnable situation but I'm assuming it is possible. Having said that, I know it sounds like a short amount of time but I'd liken it to a movie. Would I pay $12 bucks to see a good movie in a theater? Yep. Would I pay $12 bucks to play a good 3+ hour video game (paid $9.59 since it was on sale)? Yep.

Countdown mode looks like it will be a good reason to keep me coming back (unless they add additional modes in the future). Also like that you can reset all of your progress if you'd like to unlock everything again.

10/10 Another fun and enjoyable game from Bithell Games.
Posted October 8, 2020.
1,047.1 hrs on record (8.9 hrs at review time)
Almost like a mix of GTA and Skyrim in the Wild West but with a bit more cinematic flair. Only in Chapter 2 but a great game so far.

Edit - 6/30/2020 after having the game for about 5 months.

This may well be the best game I have ever played. The story and voice acting had me more invested and engaged than I have probably ever been with a game. I finished the single player campaign almost two months ago (you can keep playing after finishing the story).

Came back a couple of weeks ago, just intending to mess around in single player, and decided to try Red Dead Online. I'm hooked yet again and so many new things to try and explore as well as random players (good and bad).

I often look at prices of games much like I would a movie for time/enjoyment factor. This is a great example of a game that you are getting your moneys worth and then some. My hour counts are always a bit skewed because I will leave a game running, sometimes for hours, while I'm away, but I have still sunk a ton of time into RDR2.

Try to avoid spoilers to the single player story. I cannot recommend this game enough.

Edit - 11/25/2020

I'm still playing online fairly regularly. They have continued to release new content (some of it's not great but you can't win em all). Great game!
Posted February 3, 2020. Last edited November 25, 2020.
This game is short but so worth it. Great story and the controlling of the two brothers, at the same time, is fairly unique. Having to use them together to solve puzzles and challenges was a real treat. Your path is fairly linear and that may be off-putting to some but, because of its short length, it never really gets stale or old.

I highly recommend this game. It packs an emotional wallop.
Posted October 19, 2018.
My son and I have had a blast doing 2 player co-op. Great little side scrolling shooter. Cat theme is aces. The Milk must flow.
Posted December 31, 2017.
Only played a couple of hours and my son and I are having a blast! Game is a bit on the difficult side and the closest game I could compare it to is old school Contra but with amazing art and music.

My son was supposed to be in bed an hour ago (shhh. Don't tell mom!) and I can see us playing this for hours come tomorrow.
Posted September 30, 2017. Last edited September 30, 2017.
Great game, great music, and it is almost like an interactive movie. The humor is a bit childish at times but still cute. I almost cried and it certainly put a smile on my face.

Because the game can be beaten in about 4 hours, you may want to try and pick it up on sale but ask yourself this... How much would you spend going to a movie theater for 2 hours of entertainment? $9.99 may not be too of an asking price after all.

A sequel, called "Finding Paradise" and featuring two of the primary characters of this game, is coming later in 2017. If it is anything like this game, I'll be picking it up too.
Posted September 24, 2017.
I loved the Double Dragon series growing up. Played it in the arcades and on some of the home consoles.

The Steam version is OKAY but marred by control issues. I haven't experienced any game crashes, like some other reviewers have mentioned, even with 2 players.

The game is $5.99 and the lowest it has ever been was $1.49. I cannot recommend the game at the regular price. The developer hasn't updated the game in over two years (at the time of this review) and it has a number of issues that should be addressed.

If you can snatch it up for $1.49? It might be worth your time but even at that price you can find a better game.
Posted September 23, 2017.
< 1  2  3 >