Recent reviews by Razzmatazz #TeamYvie

So good. Everything about it is masterfully done - the set designs, the camera work, the sound, music, voices, amazing! The story is pretty intriguing as well. It's 45' long so it only touches on each part pretty superficially and most of it is up to your interpretation, and I think that works very well here. Highly recommended!
Posted April 28.
What can I say? The screenshots were enough for me, but then you see them in motion, and then you hear the sounds, then you begin to experience the story they're all telling. It's good. It's something that every person with even a passing interest in videogames as the most interesting emergent storytelling medium of our time should try.
Posted January 19.
I don't know if this is a great film, but I do know it's probably the best videogame movie adaptation so far
Posted September 22, 2018.
If there's one thing this game is, it's beautiful. The settings are stunning, the characters are stylish, the art on the walls looks great, and it's all cohesive. At times it's reminiscent of Alice: Madness Returns, but it's also very much its own thing.
The voice acting is pretty great and while the story is not the strongest, it is pretty unusual and compelling enough.
The puzzles are good, the mechanics work and by the end I was left wanting more. Maybe some day?
Posted August 19, 2018.
Fury Road was one of the best movies of recent times. This game is the polar opposite.
The first couple of hours seemed really good, good mechanics, variety in missions. Then I realized the game had just blown its load way too early, and those interesting mechanics I had seen in the first hour were really all it had to offer. The game intends to be a 60+ hr experience when it barely has content for 10-15.
Completely charmless, the writing is atrocious, every single character is either unlikeable for the sake of it, or just too shallow and plain uninteresting to even be unlikeable, and this version of Max is just the dudest dudebro to ever dude. Don't even get me started on the ending, but if it saves anyone the trouble, it doesn't get any better.
Driving around is surprisingly bad, having to wrestle control over a car seemingly more interested in twirling around every couple of seconds like a drunken ballerina.
Your car has less customization options than a regular Saint's Row game, and all the incredibly creative and fun designs from the movie barely make a cameo appearance for five minutes in cutscenes at the beginning and end of the game. The rest of the time it's just pretty much regular cars but rusty and with a spike sticking out. The settings, minus one or two rare exceptions, are just as bland and overused. Prepare to watch 7 collective hours of max eating out of the same can of dog food.
My play time is 1) because I left the game on to go do something better and 2) because I'm an achievement hoe.
Posted June 19, 2018. Last edited June 19, 2018.
I don't enjoy giving a thumbs down to what seems like an honest indie effort, and while there is plenty to like here, it ultimately wasn't an enjoyable experience.
The first bit during the day seemed very promising, but as soon as it turns into nighttime and the meat of the game should begin, it turns into a slog. The graphics are simple, which is fine, but everything also looks very flat and hard to tell apart, making it very dull and confusing to navigate in the dark. Exploration is punished way more than it is encouraged let alone rewarded, and you're way more likely to run into several terrible, monotonous fights than find anything useful or interesting to look at. The enemies also respawn every time you leave the screen so what is even the point. Plus if you die you're very likely to completely break the game in unfixable ways, which happened to me twice in one hour.
In the end, even if the story seemed intriguing, you're left with not much to do and not many reasons to keep pushing through.
Posted April 2, 2018.
I don't mean to write an in-depth analysis, I just want to add my recommendation for this amazing, beautiful game.
The characterizations, the attention to detail, the masterclass in environmental storytelling, like a Gone Home 2.0 (in space!) this team keeps pushing the envelope in smart, subtle, interactive narrative.
Just want to add my thumbs up and thank and encourage the good people at Fullbright to keep doing what they're doing.
Posted February 4, 2018.
Pure, absolute fun. The kind of stuff that shines on VR and should be tons more of. Falls on the short side, yes, but we still are on the early days of VR and I think quality of content should be celebrated over quantity. The `souvenirs` add some replay value as well, and there's plenty to do and faff around if you're not in a rush. I'd love to see more content for this, perhaps in the form of extra missions on DLC.
If the developers are listening, the sub is the absolute best mission, while the telekinesis system is a good compromise, having everything at hand and being able to personally manipulate every object made it so much better. The train mission, with its long waiting times, obscure hard to read puzzles, finicky mechanics and unforgiving souvenirs is sadly the weakest.
Posted January 26, 2018.
*The time clocked doesn't represent my actual play time, for some reason it doesn't register if you load through the Oculus app*
After years of gaming, I feel like this is pretty much the first game to actually embody "exploration". The way you develop a "relationship" with your surroundings, how it makes you interested in bits of jutting rock, I never felt that before. Surprisingly, it was also one of the most intense VR experiences I've had so far.
The ending is the only real con of the game, I feel like this game really didn't need a story, and maybe the devs weren't confident that the experience itself would be enough, so just a heads up.
Posted January 22, 2018.
Reccomending because this game is *beautiful*. It's a short fable in fully immersive interactive form, it's whimsical and peaceful and lets you join in on the creativity. It's basically a children's book you can jump in and help - If you know what to expect, which is apparently a problem some have had with it, then you will not be disappointed.
Posted January 22, 2018.