Recent reviews by PrettyPrincessKitty FS

< 1  2  3 ... 11 >
This is a hard game to decide, I'm recommending it because it's not bad, it's just mediocre.

If you want a stealth fix, it's not the worst. it's just kinda bland. The game says a lot of things like "you should definitely upgrade the blood tree" (despite the fact you first need to upgrade 3 or so other trees to have even the slightest ability to play the game) and "there are not just human enemies" (there is 1 non human enemy.)

It's this weird unbalanced mix of the first level being frustratingly hard, as everything you do is super noisy and slow, and then you start getting things like ranged, silent, instant kills that also hide corpses..and then the game is just easy as hell.

The final boss and the ending is also a joke. Here, you get ending choices but we're not going to have an ending cinematic and instead just roll the credits.
Posted February 6, 2019.
I tried to like this. The game is beautiful, the characters are nice, but the gameplay is just..ugh. The bosses are what got me. Just plain frustration.
Posted February 4, 2019.
ehhhh. I liked the idea, but there's so little actual game. It feels over in 10 minutes and I have very little interest in replaying to find out the 'true' goings on.
Posted December 28, 2018.
I would try to write a review about how utterly terrible this game is, but I can't. Instead I will use a quote from a Let's Play that is a hundred times more amusing than this game. (Blarghalt's LP on lparchive)

"This game is terrible on every level imaginable. Not because it's furry. In fact, being a piece of furry media doesn't even register with this game. No, this game is awful because it does everything wrong, even things you didn't realize could be done wrong.The writing is terrible. The art assets are used incompetently. The game is programmed like crap. The dev failed to use the genre in any meaningful way. The plot is made up and the choices don't matter."

This is the most accurate summation of the 9 hours of torment I endured just to see what on earth would happen.
Posted July 16, 2018.
This was on the borderline for most of the game. Then I got to the end. I refuse to try to complete the game.

It's alright. It's a solidly mediocre "FPS with some weird quirk". The guns feel meh. All the enemies are bullet sponges. The time powers range from neat to completely useless (time stop will never hit an enemy, you'll always time stop 20 feet behind them). The story is mediocre. Graphics are mediocre (70GB download, wtf?). It's not bad, it's just exceptionally average.

The show is nothing to write home about. It forces you to watch about an hour of generic modern sci-fi thriller stuff. Again, nothing exciting.

The final boss fight, is the most utter BS thing I've ever seen. The final boss can one shot you. Alright. There is no tell. The floor turns red, and you have to run, but you've got no clue whether you ran far enough away. You've got no clue where you're running from. All I figured was red floor = run, and cross fingers you don't instantly die. If you die? great, back to the start of the bossfight to watch the cutscene again. I tried 3 times and I have nothing but utter loathing for whoever thought this was fun game design. Turned a solidly mediocre game, that was somewhat enjoyable, into an utter pile of drivel.
Posted March 3, 2018.
This is a bland and bleak game about bland and bleak things.

It's another everything-is-shades-of-grey puzzle platformer like inside, limbo, the fall, etc. The atmopshere is nice. That's where it ends.

The gameplay is dull, repetitive, and unoriginal. You get a puzzle on a screen, you use physics and whatever mechanic is in that section to solve it. Often there's overly long platforming parts which are nothing but sprint jumps that you have to hope you get right.

Nothing this game does is exciting. It's just the same old puzzle platformer gameplay with no innovation. In the worst cases, it's clunky platforming combined with straight up frustrating puzzles that aren't hard, just annoying (navigating deadly steam...in pitch black).
Posted March 3, 2018.
I didn't like Gone Home at all. I liked Tacoma.

It's a walking simulator, yes. The 'gameplay' is listening and reading the audiologs and then piecing together the story. But it's a nice story. It's well written. I enjoyed it. There's not much more to say; if you enjoy walking simulators, you'll probably enjoy this. If the idea of walking around and listening to audiologs doesn't interest you, it's not for you.
Posted February 8, 2018.
Given the amount I swore at the final level I shouldn't recommend this, but it was good apart from that.

It's a puzzle game pretending to be a stealth-action game. You jump around and slash people with a sword. And avoid getting shot.

Unfortunately, the jumping is incredibly finicky. Very often you'll make a jump and then oops, guess you hit some guy in the middle of it and instead will knock him flying and finish your jump early. And get shot. Or you'll jump off a platform but instead move 6 inches along the platform. And get shot.

Or you'll get to the final level and realise at no point does it ever give you a save point and have to redo the entire level over and over and over and over and over.

Other than that, it was enjoyable. Frustrating, but enjoyable.
Posted January 15, 2018.
It's one of those surreal indie platformers that indie platformers are known for.

The reason I don't recommend it is because it spends too much time being a surreal indie platformer and not enough time being a game. I spent a long while wandering aimlessly because I didn't have an item. I had no way to know what the item I was looking for was, where it was, or how I could get it. You get a compass to help you navigate levels, but it doesn't work for finding the next item. In the end I looked up a walkthrough - it's completely arbitrary. You have no clue when you have finished one of the 'dimension' levels and are more than likely to just aimlessly wander and hope you hit the right passage on your 8th attempt to find some item.
Posted January 15, 2018.
You click on things, then you click the up arrow, then you click the thing again. And somehow someone will buy it at basically any price.

Repeat for half an hour and you are winrar.

It isn't even a bad trading game because it's not a trading game; there is nothing that makes the faintest bit of sense in this game.
Posted December 27, 2017.
< 1  2  3 ... 11 >