Recent reviews by Tenri

Completed on normal difficulty in 2 sittings.

The game is obviously incredibly immersive in every aspect, even on low settings.
There is actually not much original story being told here, it's all a build-up to one important thing.
Aside from one detail, the game stays true to the universe we know from Half-Life 2.

Gameplay wise, combat is not amazing, in my opinion. Normal was already pretty difficult for me, I don't know how I could have performed better.
Puzzles can be confusing but are generally fun and clever when you figure them out.
Movement options are "meh" at best. Continuous movement is locked to one slow pace and you're forced to teleport/jump to progress in levels and if you really wanna make it out alive in combat.

It's kinda short but I honestly can't see it being any longer for a VR game, really needs a proper seated mode because personally, standing around 90% of the time isn't exactly nice to my legs and I've ended up being crouched a lot of the time.

It's a very, very good introduction to VR for newcomers; but I'm genuinely hoping the next game isn't actually VR only. While it's cool, I don't think you can achieve much more than Boneworks and this game do. It's a good thing this ended up only being a side story to throw back us into the universe, because I can't imagine how much worse the outcry of not being able to play the game would be if this was a fully fledged sequel.

But hey what do I know, maybe we're going to be waiting another 15 years and by then we'll have some sort of affordable full dive device using brain interfaces that Gabe is researching.
Posted March 25.
Good time waster but it's not amazing.
Posted March 5.
playing on hard is like performing cbt on yourself, bosses keep dodging or blocking in the middle of combos and literally hitting you out of ♥♥♥♥ing nowhere, grabbing you for a ♥♥♥♥♥on of damage while you can't even do that yourself most of the time. heat prompt never works even when it shows up and i press the god damn button. this is a piece of junk, i don't want to have to use items because the game thinks this is how difficult it should be
Posted March 2.
free ♥♥♥♥
Posted February 27.
Cathartic
Posted February 3.
this game was made by basement dwellers who have no idea what they're doing
basically gmod vr but gone wrong
ryzen 7 3700x, gtx 970, 11 fps in the home world ALONE
come on?

PSA: If you're running Windows 10 on version 1909 and your FPS seems locked to 10, set the compatibility mode for VRChat.exe to Windows 8. It seems that the game is treated as an UWP app and being constantly set to snooze by something. After that, hold Shift while launching the game and set the graphics preset to VRLow. This will get rid of that issue and you can enjoy maximum performance.
Posted January 27. Last edited January 31.
This deserves to be a paid game, but maybe then it wouldn't have caught my eye.

Some bits of the story drag on for a little, but the writing is excellent. You can finish the game in one go if you have the time, but it's pretty worth it.

I love the soundtrack.

Play it.
Posted January 20.
So far, so good.

Running this with a Rift CV1, a GTX 970 and i5-6500. Don't expect to be able to execute anything alongside the game at these specs. I also was using a front-facing setup for the most part, since I don't exactly have the space or enough sensors even to support 360° turning.

The physics are serviceable, but neither melee or gunplay are anything spectacular in my opinion. Maybe it's more natural with index controllers and better tracking?

I like that you can move around the environment any way you want and even skip puzzles entirely, by climbing walls and grabbing on your surroundings for example.

That being said, if you easily get sick in VR this game is not for you. There is a LOT of fast motion and possible contradictions with your brain.

I just wish there were obvious checkpoints so I could take a break anytime I want and not be scared to lose progress, because for now if I want to leave I just try to get to another level before quitting so I don't have to tire myself with it all over again.

The door to exit the game doesn't work, unless it's meant as a joke?
Posted December 10, 2019. Last edited December 10, 2019.
good

rough around the edges but that probably can be fixed
Posted December 3, 2019.
Game Maker proves once again that you don't need anything other than good storytelling and gameplay to make a great game.

Think of Hotline Miami, but as if it were a side-scroller platformer. The soundtrack is astounding.

Overall, short but amazing treat to play, get it on sale if you can catch one, it's a masterpiece. We might get a DLC or sequel?

Don't miss out on the secret boss!
Posted September 13, 2019.