Recent reviews by Opal

< 1  2  3  4  5 >
aiee
Posted July 1.
I can murder minors in the comfort of my home. 12/11.
Posted January 3.
It's bad and you're objectively wrong for liking it.
Posted July 5, 2018.
This game is like Facebook. It's bad, annoying, a waste of time, and nobody likes it, but they keep it around and refuse to let go of it because they've invested time in it and are afraid to move on.

This game is bad y'all.
Posted April 9, 2018.
It's an alright program. I've been using it for almost 4 years, so I guess that's worth something. It's extremely complicated and hard to get used to, but that's to be expected from animation software. Just don't start making TF2 Scout fanart and posting it on deviantART when you learn it.
Posted January 26, 2017.
Everyday when you're walking down the street, everybody that you meet
Has an original point of view
And I say HEY! hey! what a wonderful kind of day!
Where you can learn to work and play
And get along with each other

You got to listen to your heart
Listen to the beat
Listen to the rhythm, the rhythm of the street
Open up your eyes, open up your ears
Get together and make things better by working together
It's a simple message and it comes from the heart
Believe in yourself
Well that's the place to start (to start)

Where you learn to work and play

Where you learn to work and play
Posted December 8, 2016.
2,256.5 hrs on record (1,743.1 hrs at review time)
In all good faith, I can't recommend this game any more. A few years ago, definitely, but as of now, I wouldn't start playing it. This game is incredibly bloated, is infuriating to play, has one of the single worst communities in gaming, and is barely hanging on by a thread through one or two updates a year. Since Meet Your Match (Mid-2016 update), the game has been on a steady and noticeable decline in quality, nowadays only being updated in a meaningful way about once or twice a year. This game, being 11 years old, is filled to the brim with extremely outdated mechanics and is (in general) EXTREMELY glitchy, with crashes, graphical errors, broken hit-registration, inaccurate hitboxes, and so much more being present in every match. The game is also aggressively unbalanced, with certain weapons and playstyles having little to no meaningful hard counters. Certain classes are also bordeline useless at the higher levels of play, which is extremely puzzling for a game that's balanced around all of its 9 classes.

Even if you can get passed every gameplay and technical issue with this game, the community should be more than enough to drive you away. Don't let the scarce charity event fool you, this game's playerbase is League of Legends-levels of toxic. Incredibly scummy behavior both in and out of game is frequent. In-game, you have people spamming binds, taunting after kills, smurfing with the intent of frustrating lowbies, actively trying to ruin other players experiences "for the memes", and more. Out of game, you have trade scammers, hack-developers, constant drama and harassment, and YouTuber idolization, just to name a few. This game is also FILLED with hackers, cheaters, and bots, with new ones seeming to be developed and released every few months. Since VAC is an outdated relic system that only detects a small number of these and doesn't issue IP bans, they're likely not going anywhere either.

Through it all though, the term I would best use to describe Team Fortress 2 is "frustrating". Be it through Valve's own design, poor balance, the glitches, or the community, it's been a long time since I've been able to play this game without getting incredibly angry at some form of ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥t. Once again, if I was writing this a few years ago, I would absolutely recommend this game, but in its current state, which isn't likely to change, I wouldn't encourage anyone to play this. If you need proof of experience, I've been playing this game since 2013 and ran an entire YouTube channel with 15,000+ subscribers based entirely around it for years. With that in mind, I can't in good faith recommend this game to anyone looking to start out. It may be free, but it will certainly be taking more from you than it will give you.
Posted September 20, 2016. Last edited October 23, 2018.
I saw this film in theaters back when it first released, and didn't regret it.

The plot: This film is about a cyborg-superhuman by the name of Henry who, upon waking up in a strange location, knows absolutetly nothing about himself. Some stuff happens, a guy with psychic powers shows up and kills some guys, Henry's wife gets kidnapped, and Henry is sent on a quest to stop the aforementioned psychic guy from creating an army of cyborg superhumans to take over the land with. Henry's only ally on this quest is an extremely eccentric British man by the name of Jimmy who, for reasons that are revealed in the film, has the ability to always return from death completely unscathed. This film is REALLY light on plot and story content, but makes up for it in spades in other ways.

The Characters: This film really only has four characters, those being Henry, Jimmy, Henry's Wife, and the villain, Akan. Henry is completely mute, but is shown through his actions to have a strong sense of right and justice. Jimmy absolutely makes the film, is hilarious and badass, and once entered a gunfight with nothing but two pistols in his underwear. Henry's Wife is a pretty generic damsel character. Akan is a decently interesting villain who has psychic powers (For no explained reasons), is eccentic and flamboyant, and is incredibly ruthless in his attempts to kill Henry. The cast is pretty interesting, all things considered, even with its small size.

The gimmick: The big thing about this film is its visual gimmick: The entire thing is in first person. There is not a single shot in this film that is not viewed from Henry's perspective. That being said, the gimmick is executed EXTREMELY well. The action scenes, writing, and overall cinematography are very clearly established around the gimmick, so it all blends really well, and makes for absolute eye-candy almost all the way through.

The content: This film is very, VERY graphic. There's a ton of absolutely stomach churning gore scenes and grotesque images in it, and a small amount of scenes that involve sexual assault. The former is particularly played up, with images like chests being ripped open and heads being cut in half being rampant. So, if you're not into that, don't watch this. If you are, like I am, definitely do.

Overall, Hardcore Henry is a really enjoyable film, for a few reasons. While it's very light on story, the breathtaking first person action scenes and enjoyable quip writing make it a fantastic watch. Just don't eat before or while watching it.
Posted July 26, 2016. Last edited July 28, 2016.
I literally bought this to use a Workshop mod.
Posted February 23, 2016.
Leon is the funniest protagonist ever and I don't think that's intentional.
Posted February 23, 2016.
< 1  2  3  4  5 >