Recent reviews by Soul Rider

Made me reconsider my relationship with game development. I'm going back to making non-game games, about cubes, and their need to escape.
Posted January 1.
The best racing management game I have ever played, and i've played lots of them. It is not a perfect game, but it is fantastic at the bits it does. Nowhere near as complex as the Football Manager series, but crucially, in this game, you can see the effect of your decisions unfold before your eyes.

If you have even the slightest interest in racing and/or management games, you will not regret picking this up. It truly is a fantastic little game.

My only gripe is that for £24.99 I'd expect the two other racing series DLC's to be included in the price. Other than that, this is a huge amount of fun. Get it on a sale with all the DLC and you've got hundreds of hours of entertainment.
Posted December 31, 2017.
This game is still one of the best historical RTS's ever. Since it's release in 2003 I have loved this game. I can't believe that new developments are still happening. The developers are running a beta branch to test new multiplayer functionality, as the old system is now more than a bit dated.

I highly recommend this game. Obviously it's not as graphically wonderful as a new title will be, but it still looks more than good enough for modern gamers.
Posted July 27, 2017.
Golf with friends, but only if they aren't sat in the same room with you. Why no offline single/couchmultiplayer?
Posted May 5, 2017.
If you want a Civ game, buy Civ5, this game is just awful..

Change for the sake of change, rather than change for the sake of improvements.

If you want to spend a lot of money on 1/3rd of a game, jump right in. The unfinished AI, Diplomacy and other features, clearly left open to be finished in DLC, are begging you to waste your money.

And it is a waste. So far the DLC is basic stuff that should have been in the base game. The game is nowhere near ready for DLC, but hey This is Civ, the business model is sell 1/3rd the game for over full price, then drip feed the rest of the game and charge for it.

It really has gone too far this time though, the base game doesn't hold any interest, and the DLC is just boring.
Posted February 24, 2017.
I can't believe this game is still getting great content updates. It is a hugely relaxing game and the best fishing simulator ever.
Posted February 17, 2017.
This is a very good game, so buy it!

The game is fairly linear, but that is also part of the constraints of the system, you can only flag up the things Orwell has identified as possibly important. This makes sense in the world, but sometimes can be a little frustrating when you can make some associations and realisations before the game does.

But really that is missing the point of the experience.

This game starts off easily and you don't have too much investment other than catching the perpertrators, however, as you begin to see the results of what you are uploading play out, you begin to get more personally involved in the situation and the decisions you are making. This is when the game really excels.

There was a particular piece in one chapter where I waited an age before finally declaring a piece of information. The outcome I dreaded, but knew would happen, occured, and it was all my fault. It twisted me up inside, but I still felt like I was doing the right thing, despite the consequences of what happened.

This is definitely an experience I recommend.
Posted November 20, 2016. Last edited November 20, 2016.
This game is very clever and a lot of fun.
Posted August 24, 2016.
RAGE made me RAGE quit.

Seriously, this looks like an open world game, but it is the most on the rails experience I have played in a long time. What were you thinking id?
Posted August 14, 2016.
Noticed there is an achievement, connect to server for the first time. Only 23.4% have it.

Started game, after 24 minutes, I am still unable to connect to any server.

I now understand why connecting to a server was made into an achievement..
Posted July 31, 2016.