Recent reviews by Skyrider

Great game, highly recommended. Though a lot of DLC's that can be quite expensive without discounts.
Posted June 29, 2019.
Can't really recommend this game in its current state.

Yea, I know I only have 3 hours of gameplay but I find this game quite boring. The starting tutorial is very lacking as the game expects you to understand immediately what you have to do. Sure, the game is beautiful. But that doesn't change the fact that this game is a grinding game for resources.

I miss the action in this game. Planets only have sentinels with occasional Bipedal walkers when they attack you, besides that there's not really any hostile AI that you can find from what I know. I'm not referring to some AI that live on planets that sells you stuff. It just would be nice if the pirates can visit/land on planets to brutally murder you so it actually makes a more decent survival game.

And sure you can make lovely buildings, break apart parts of the planet (and create portions of dirt) using the multi-tool and make a nice base. Heck! You can even make a farm if you so desire. But you can't make any base defense what so ever. Sure, there's an anti-grinding system in place to make sure players can't just destroy your place. But what's the point in that if you can't for example make shields / turrets to protect your base to make it more awesome?

Though it is awesome you can easily take off and hop from planet to planet without any kind of loading screen, but it takes forever to actually get somewhere. Literally hours if you fly on low speed, minutes (depending on the distance) when you go into 'hyperspeed'. Oh yea, there's turbo fly as well. It's decent, but still takes a long time to actually go somewhere.

Overall, I expected more from this game. Currently finding it lacking in action, and points more into the No Mans Boredom. Sure, the game might be all about exploring. But there's no point in that if there's not much action going on. I hope they'll improve the game in the future where survival in space would be equally on planets as well.
Posted August 3, 2018. Last edited August 3, 2018.
And old awesome game with a great story-line. And what's best of all, there are tons of free fan based mods available! Granted, the Half-Life is a bit expensive for a 1998 game without the sales, but it's highly recommended to be in anyone's steam library.
Posted November 23, 2017.
5,004.5 hrs on record (4,924.3 hrs at review time)
Even after all these years, still one of my favorite games. Though in my opinion it has gone a bit downhill since the 'free 2 play' method valve introduced. Amount of kids/cheaters playing this game has increased dramatically.

But overall, I still recommend this game to everyone. Tons to do, tons of custom maps, weapons, and many things to craft.
Posted November 13, 2016.
Installed the game, not many servers around thus unable to play at the moment. Then finding out that the servers will shutdown on December 1 -2016 .. R.I.P. Not worthy of playing unless you like quickies ^^.
Posted September 2, 2016. Last edited September 6, 2016.
For some reason cars are flying up when they ram me, I must be super(cop)man.

Maybe I can recommend it when I actually 'learned' how use all the game's functions and features. But the game lacks tutorials. Seriously, I never got any information on 'how' to do something. You just start at your house and you are on your own from there. No info, whatsoever.

The only thing I figured on my own thus far sleeping, grabbing my uniform, driving and how to grab a gun/tazer. I suppose shooting people for no reason is all you need to know.

While I got the game for free, I would not pay $20 for it. The game is too basic to be worth that much.
Posted July 27, 2016. Last edited July 27, 2016.
It's a great free game, recommended for all to play. For those who are looking for click games, seek no more.
Posted August 1, 2015.
While eventually got the game to work, I still cannot recommend this game. It's sluggish, slow and it feels unfinished. I'm aware that this is early access, sure! So I hope that in the future, it'll be a lot better.
Posted June 20, 2015. Last edited June 20, 2015.
I think it's a pretty fun game, fun to play and quite easy to learn. I do however, dislike that how many 'gold' (or was it credits?..) you win after every after battle (only a few hundred) while for some classes you pay 30.000 for it. Some players already have the new classes which puts you and possibly your team is a huge disadvantage.

Hopefully that in the future, the cards will also be explained seeing they are only an skill/equipment replacement and can only be used on already unlocked classes.

The Good:

+ Fun shooter game, easy to learn. Just shoot and kill!
+ Each class has their own skills and abilities.
+ Level up system, who doesn't love them?
+ Tons of achievements!

The Bad/Dislike: (for now)
- Takes a long time to gather enough gold (or credits?) to unlock new classes.
- Reviving people takes a bit of time without a defibrillator, my opinion could be a bit shorter.
- A few skills are still unbalanced, (such as artillery) hopefully will be changed.
- Game crashes once I quit the game (maybe I'm the only one?)
Posted June 6, 2015. Last edited June 6, 2015.
For those who are familiar with the free game Soldat, you can already tell from the images and trailers that Booster Trooper is an exact copy of soldat but put into a 3Dish jacket. This game is fun to play offline with bots, but I'm afraid that there are no multiplayer servers whatsoever.

I'm afraid I cannot recommend this game due to the fact that there's lack off mulitplayer servers and the bots doesn't always seem to be smart. You'll get tired quickly playing on your own. There is no way (from what I've googled) that you can download custom maps or mods for you to play with.
Posted June 30, 2014.