Recent reviews by SEKCobra

< 1  2  3  4 >
It's a fun building game. UI is a bit convoluted and takes a while to get used to.
Posted November 27, 2019.
Man, this game sucks you in. It's a lot of fun designing your own verhicles. Sadly, the game starts without advanced mechanics which seem to be the default for most things on the workshop. It takes a lot of time to progress in this game, and some missions are impossible with the default tech. Wish some missions were more clear on what you need to perform them, since getting to a site can take a lot of time.

Updates keep breaking things, this is very unfortunate. Gotta start over every time, it seems.
Posted July 4, 2019. Last edited November 27, 2019.
I'll say it now: I played this game with friends. I did the same for Dead Island. Any game with halfway decent coop support is great. But unlike Dead Island, I am happy to report that Dying Light is already a lot of fun on it's own. Playing it with friends just makes it even better. As such, play it with friends if you can, but play it regardless!

Also can recommend the expansion, as the added vehicles are ridiculously fun and make you want to drive even after unlocking all of the other transportation methods.
Posted November 22, 2018.
Making something great even better is what they squanched with this re-release. Having played the original release, I was happy to pay for this slightly more fleshed-out version and enjoy a few more hours of ridiculous content.
Posted November 22, 2018.
This game is unforgiving. You truely are left to fight for survival. Any wrong turn can mean the loss of everything you built.
While I struggled a bit after the initial startup, due to not finding the right parts to continue developing things, after I finally got the last components I needed I'm back in business. Make sure to scan everything and take special care when exploring wrecks.

A beautiful mix of exploration and survival, with a bit of danger always present when you leave the safety of the shallow waters.
Posted June 27, 2018.
The new update has ruined a perfectly good player that had all the features you needed and was nearly flawless. New one is utter trash :(
Posted April 6, 2018.
Very cool little story, great technical execution and artstyle.
Posted October 22, 2017.
The best VR game there is, hands down. I am afraid of what the future holds once they introduce microtransactions, but for the time being this is a great game to hang out, play casual games or delve into some serious paintball sessions.

Love how they keep improving this, one can only hope that microtransactions won't destroy this game.
Posted September 24, 2017. Last edited November 24, 2017.
Very poor technical execution, not very compeling, terrible cliffhanger. Also fairly short.
Posted September 24, 2017.
It's really disappointing when something that's basically a spin-off of one of the best and somewhat polished TV shows is such a weak attempt at cashing out.

I'll exemplify with the meeseeks: They have one single response to everything. They spawn the same every time. They die the same every time. Not even a little variance. This alone isn't a huge deal, but it shows that little love went into the creation.

The real killer is that this is barely even comparable to a single episode of Rick and Morty. I certainly appreciated the references, and there was a joke here and there. But I certainly wasn't entertained all the way through, You barely even get much Rick or Morty, instead you get to play with some rehashed Job Simulator items.
The game takes no time to build a story or otherwise offer a coherent experience, it's just a series of small jobs in a gimmicky environment that can't keep even a huge fan engaged for long. I really expected the game to go to far more environments than just what is shown in the screenshots, but apparently it's purely WYSIWYG.

For the price I would have certainly expected a full fledged story with tons of interactions, not a (even weaker) Job Simulator rehash with a few Rick and Morty references built in.
Posted April 20, 2017.