Recent reviews by SEKCobra

< 1  2  3 >
This game is unforgiving. You truely are left to fight for survival. Any wrong turn can mean the loss of everything you built.
While I struggled a bit after the initial startup, due to not finding the right parts to continue developing things, after I finally got the last components I needed I'm back in business. Make sure to scan everything and take special care when exploring wrecks.

A beautiful mix of exploration and survival, with a bit of danger always present when you leave the safety of the shallow waters.
The new update has ruined a perfectly good player that had all the features you needed and was nearly flawless. New one is utter trash :(
Posted April 6.
Very cool little story, great technical execution and artstyle.
Posted October 22, 2017.
The best VR game there is, hands down. I am afraid of what the future holds once they introduce microtransactions, but for the time being this is a great game to hang out, play casual games or delve into some serious paintball sessions.

Love how they keep improving this, one can only hope that microtransactions won't destroy this game.
Posted September 24, 2017. Last edited November 24, 2017.
Very poor technical execution, not very compeling, terrible cliffhanger. Also fairly short.
Posted September 24, 2017.
It's really disappointing when something that's basically a spin-off of one of the best and somewhat polished TV shows is such a weak attempt at cashing out.

I'll exemplify with the meeseeks: They have one single response to everything. They spawn the same every time. They die the same every time. Not even a little variance. This alone isn't a huge deal, but it shows that little love went into the creation.

The real killer is that this is barely even comparable to a single episode of Rick and Morty. I certainly appreciated the references, and there was a joke here and there. But I certainly wasn't entertained all the way through, You barely even get much Rick or Morty, instead you get to play with some rehashed Job Simulator items.
The game takes no time to build a story or otherwise offer a coherent experience, it's just a series of small jobs in a gimmicky environment that can't keep even a huge fan engaged for long. I really expected the game to go to far more environments than just what is shown in the screenshots, but apparently it's purely WYSIWYG.

For the price I would have certainly expected a full fledged story with tons of interactions, not a (even weaker) Job Simulator rehash with a few Rick and Morty references built in.
Posted April 20, 2017.
It's three environments with tons of animals spawning which you can shoot I guess. Extremely boring, not too much detail in the environments, all around not more than a techdemo at best. This is the sorta thing people previously released after they tried out new technology, not sold as a game...
Posted March 18, 2017.
I'd say you can lose far more than 5 minutes in this game, but OK Steam.
Posted November 23, 2016.
Certainly the most prominent thing in this game is the artstyle. It is great, through and through. The UI is also very solid, although I already had muscle memory for M when I found out that 2 does the same thing :c.
I did explore a fair amount, however I think I truely only found one thing, was never motivated enough to really go out on my own. Regardless, the game offers a nice amount of contextual story and you can talk to D about a lot of it. However there have been a few times when I really would have liked to talk to her about something with no option to do so.
Also, quite a few invisible walls I bumped into could probably have been avoided.

The story was fairly fresh and I feel like they portrayed the whole stircrazyness quite well, giving the player a real sense of some (very mild) paranoia.
Although the variation on authors in the wilderness is apparently very limited.

--Slight Spoilers--
I also have to scold Campo Sampo for treating panties/bras with a third, seperate 'examine' function, I don't see the point and was mostly confused when they just dropped out of my hands immediately. Also points lost for not being able to mention 'THOSE' panties. (Hell, you were the ones who showed me a♥♥♥♥♥♥right at the beginning of the game)

Honestly the biggest surprise to me was the fact that there was an actual character model in the helo at the end. I was sure the windows would stay blacked out and we'd just avoid looking into the cockpit.
Posted February 10, 2016.
The emerald was really hard to get, the elevator also took an awful long time to start moving, I was sat there for like 5 minutes! Other than that I thought it was quite fun, although I don't know what happened with the tiger that was chasing me?!
Posted December 6, 2015.