Recent reviews by Rumahu

Absolutely enthralling. Worth every second.
Posted July 4.
Factory Town is a game that really shows Early Access done right. The developer, Erik, is very involved in the discord community and really listens to player feedback.. and with that Factory Town has turned into the charming experience that it is today.

Take Factorio, make it a city builder, throw in some really light-fantasy with a bit of magic in the game.. and you have Factory Town. Priced at $20, currently $18 with the launch sale, it is currently worth a buy in its current state. It has come a LONG way since testers came in, and it only gets better from here!

Development is very fast btw.. huge patch notes come in at a rate that makes ME want to take a vacation and have a bit of a break.
Posted March 12.
Well.. the game is gorgeous.. and the jokes are funny for the first 5 minutes but then fall flat. Other reviews have called this a sort of "Deadpool" style of humor and I love Deadpool. Not this.

This game has VERY suspicious reviews - a lot of people have played this for maybe half an hour and more or less called it goty... weeks ago.. and have never played it again since their play time has not changed. Way too many.

You get tossed into the game and there ulimately no guidance besides "go". Normally this doesn't bother me and is fantastic in a exploration type of game.. but EVERYTHING you make in this game has the smallest durability I've ever experienced in a survival game. ALL resources are finite. A lot of the resources you need for gear that you can make for upgrades are found in obscure containers that you need to beat down with your "wrench" and not just.. open. That wrench? Costs 3 metal. 35 durability. Each metal notes gives maybe 2 or 3 metal... and uses about 5 durability. You do the math. What's the point?

Ultimately you're left wanting to explore the game more in a very quiet, ambient setting... and deal with contiuously dwindling resources in a world that offers no real reason to explore... while on the smallest leash you can imagine because the already limited resources you can use to explore are needed to do ANY exploring. Nothing is renewable. No farms, no solar panel, no food, no building, NOTHING to possibly make this even slightly enjoyable. You can travel out in one direction on your starting oxygen for about 20 seconds, and then 20 seconds back. Find an upgrade nearby? Great - now its about 35 seconds out and back... Apparently there's another but almost the ENTIRE MAP is either covered in a radiation zone or too cold... and the only way to upgrade your suit is to get lead from places on the map that are about 600 meters away from the starting area. That's a pretty long way from the start considering you move at a max of 12m/s without what's essentially an afterburner that boosts you to 20m/s for maybe 5 seconds. That 50 second trip? That's 100 points of oxygen, MINIMUM, more than what you can reasonably have in a tank. You can make oxygen refill stations.. that don't refill on their own.. and use a lot of resources to be able to refill. Like the metal. That's finite. See the cycle yet? No upgrades, no real "resupply stations", no bases, very little rewards for exploring and just.. a grind.

Seriously disappointed. I wanted something like Subnautica (which I LOVED and beat multiple times.. supported it very early in EA) but I was really just left feeling like I have to wait for some other game to get me thrilled to explore again. Maybe this one will get updated.. but probably not since it has been months with little change and the game is looking to be "episodic" anyways.. For an exploration game. What??
Posted September 15, 2018.
It's extremely shallow, what you do feels like there's no impact on the world, and ultimately you grind out characters only to find a legendary that makes your previous investments in other orcs essentially worthless.

Story is nothing compared to the first. Ton of worthless... I'm pretty disappointed.

Wait until the lootboxes are fully removed - it might help in the future. Either way wait for this to be be under $30..
Posted May 19, 2018.
Just finished the game in about 13 hours.. and it is easily one of my favorite games of all time now. The game is just the perfect length, the story was amazing, combat was a blast, the graphics were beautiful, sound design was great (I have surround sound - it helped me A LOT in this game).. and you will go into so many fantastic settings in this game that when each one is over you think they can't possibly have another and it JUST KEEPS GOING. Hell the game made me tear up a couple times and as a man I admit that openly because this game is just that darn good.
Posted January 10, 2017.
I have absolutely loved watching this game grow over the past several years... All the way through college. It has seen an amazing amount of updates, new members to the team, whole new worlds and area, new combat styles, fighting techniques, harpoons, and just... Honestly this game is incredible. It feels like yesterday that the game didn't even have sound. You'll get the occasional crash, you'll get some lag, but it has gotten significantly better and it's almost non-existent now.

10/10, definitely recommend it.
Posted November 29, 2016.
Paid DLC for an EA title? Last summer I loved this game and it kept getting better and better. Then development got really shady and content that was supposed to be released never has (I'm looking at you Truesky and Dx12).. Releasing a paid dlc for an unfinished game is a really shady business move. Content development has slowed down to a crawl, bugs are not being fixed, the game's optimization is getting worse, and now they want us to pay for more when they weren't even developing content for the game that we originally paid for?

Please understand that content that is tiny in scale to the size of this DLC was continuously pushed back for weeks on end (or months in some cases) just for them to all of the sudden give the community a middle finger and release paid content when what was promised was continously pushed back to make room for this cash grab. No thanks.
Posted September 3, 2016.