4.3 hrs last two weeks / 707.8 hrs on record (11.4 hrs at review time)
Posted: Nov 15, 2017 @ 1:19pm

What initially started over a decade ago as a simple 2D clone of at the time's Counter-Strike 1.6, CS2D has evolved with continous updates and support from the developer (DC of Unreal Software) over the years, with features you won't find in a 3D CS game, such as Construction mode and special weapons like the Portal gun and flamethrower. There's lots of ways to play the game, ranging from classic standard team vs. team action in de_dust2 to roleplaying in a 'Happy Town' map, if that's your thing. There's also a map editor which is easy to use where you can place tiles, add properties to them and entities to simulate things like lights and weather - you can see community creations and even upload your own at Unreal Software's File Archive (http://unrealsoftware.de/files.php). It's amazing the hours of fun you can have in a simple-looking game that doesn't even occupy close to 1Gb in your hard drive.

Personally, I have played this game since about 2007/2008, basically a decade ago. I've seen it grow and played each and every update, to the point I even was addicted at a time, but then started playing on-and-off.
I'm very glad it's now on Steam, well-deserved #1 on the last Steam Greenlight ever.
magik` =DD Nov 16, 2017 @ 3:19am
Join to our community! - www.cs2d.net
Hey It's Me! BcY! Nov 16, 2017 @ 12:34am
Fiddle, it's more cs than csgo. Also it's completely free to play. No micro transactions, no shit.
Fiddle Nov 16, 2017 @ 12:09am
So in other words it's nothing like cs if it's adding "huehue portal gun" options. So what makes playing this cs f2p clone better than other cs f2p clones.
StirlizZ Nov 15, 2017 @ 11:48pm
Welcome back old player, you're veteran and sensei now.
Hey It's Me! BcY! Nov 15, 2017 @ 1:21pm