Recent reviews by Rezzy

Nominating this award for the Choices Matter category of the 2017 Steam awards. Why? Because this game is all about choices. Outside of the story missions, a tiny fraction of the game, you can choose to play any way you want. Never touch the main characters. Once you can access item world you can pretty much ignore everything else. Each item contains world's to challenge and grow your characters. Power up items to boost your characters and gain better items to boost your characters to gain access to deeper levels and better loot etc etc. Once you have a big enough roster and certain character abilities the deep meta-game can start. With multiple ways to win each stage you can focus on stealing loot, getting deeper to focus on the bosses, harvesting xp by building combos with your squad... It's a satisfying grind.
Posted November 25, 2017.
Long load times for a game that is all Zen.

The sometimes confusing mix of abstraction and realism adds to the charm of a game that is all about wiping out the scourge of rust.

Problem with the gearbox? Probably rust. Engine noise? There's a rusty bit I'll bet. Loose steering? Rust!

A body panel, radiator, or spring cap can be removed with a single click, while every tire will need 5 individual bolts removed. Not lug nuts. Bolts.

Get past those things and you have an ofdly satisfying loop of identifying and locating the faulty bit with various tools to help, procuring a proper replacement or attempting to refurbish the part, and then reassembling everything to finish the work request.

Don't go in expecting super realism, but you should be able to identify key bits of an engine after a while.
Posted November 25, 2017.
What do I like about this game? I like that I've already erased four different paragraphs about cool stuff that happened just while playing earlier today. Example: I was hood-surfing a speedboat sliding down a mountain earlier. As one does.

What do I dislike about this game? At this point I've liberated all the outposts and collected all the things... So now I'm left with the story which , despite some really cool set pieces, is arguably the weakest link. Escort missions, arbitrary waves of enemies, forced limitations on how you should approach a mission. Example: During a protracted battle on multiple fronts everything came to a standstill until I blew up an empty enemy jeep a quarter-mile away from the action. Because it had a red triangle on it.

Do I recommend this game? Obviously the little hand above this message told you that I do. If you're still reading then maybe you would like some better reasoning for this recommendation. The game doesn't waste my time. Even loading a game it conveniently places you next to a vehicle. Dying reloads your ammo. Ammo depots are highlighted. Once unlocked weapons and vehicles can be summoned to you in an instant. Best of all, if Real Life requires my immediate attention I can pause at any point and pick up again right where I left off. The core gameplay is fun. Big explosions. Satisfying weaponry. Many possible approaches to destroying your targets. Plenty of mechanics to encourage setting your own goals for records to break during your session. Fun. I recommend this game because it is fun. So, to summarize:

tl;dr Fun.
And just in case I get the urge to delete this like I did the first four paragraphs I'm not going to proof-read. Sorry, not sorry.
Posted December 31, 2015.