Recent reviews by Reaper Madness

This is an excellent game. I went into it fully expecting it to be about the evils of government surveillance, and that you would see first hand the terrible effects and repercussions that it will bring. Instead I got a very nuanced storyline that presented both sides of the issue, leaving you wondering afterwards if perhaps there is a practical middle ground that can be sought. The gameplay is also very addictive and unique, and there are several endings depending on your choices, with lots of little twists and turns. The game is very intelligent in regards to making your choices make a huge difference in the outcome, even if you think the ones you pick are not that important in the grand scheme of things. One of the best titles I played this past year. Highly recommended.
Posted January 1, 2017.
As an older gamer who has been playing RPG's since the eighties, I really got a kick out of watching the game upgrade and evolve itself as you play. It pays homage to the gameplay styles of Zelda, Final Fantasy, and Diablo, amongst others. I was expecting the storyline to take a back seat to the evolution gimmick but it was surprisingly well implemented as a framework for everything else. If you have played a large variety of RPGs in your life, from classic JRPGs to the more modern action oriented RPGs, you will definitely enjoy not just the game, but the nostalgia that it taps into.
Posted July 17, 2013. Last edited November 23, 2016.