Recent reviews by Papapatooie

It has fulfilled its purpose and shall continue doing so
Posted December 19, 2020.
Not many games make me feel emotion, sure they can be fun, but rarely do I find any that I feel genuinely connected to.
This right here, is the exception.
Review summary: Gameplay great, story great, characters great, my feels = happy. Buy it.

Without vr, this is a simple puzzle/platformer with a great story, but the fact that this is vr changes everything.
At first glance the idea of this game being vr confused me, as it was pretty much just a normal puzzle/action platformer where you're the camera. Once you play this game however, the use of vr in this game is amazing, as it simply heightens the power of the story, characters and everything else as you truly feel as though you're in the world, especially through the way it implements YOU in the game and story itself.
From beginning to end, I was invested in the game and would highly suggest it to anyone who owns vr.

Also the amount of cold chills I felt from this game due to how hard it hit my feelings was, as always, the main contributor as to why i made this review.
Posted April 8, 2020.
Review summary: Don't play this if you are easily aggravated, otherwise you should definitely buy this game. And if you play it, follow a guide for the good ending.

I only ever write reviews for games that really make me feel emotion, and this game was no exception.
Would I recommend this game to everyone? No, definitely not. I'm a very calm and collected person, and the amount of aggravation that comes from the ai and occasional trial and error was enough to tick me off, and would be enough to deter someone who's not able to easily handle being an angry boi.
The same thing goes for the multiple endings, as scoring a bad one can be incredibly off putting, but then again, playing through to get the better ending was surprisingly not as maddening as I thought it would be. My suggestion for this would be to simply follow a guide on only how to get the good endings, and do your best as to not spoil the rest of the game.
On the positive side of this game, I absolutely love the writing of this game, with the characters and charm of it always shining through to make me smile or stop and pause to take in a moment. And the true ending to this game made me feel cold chills from how good it was, which is normally my main trigger for writing these reviews.

Also this partly awakened my latex fetish, take from that what you will
Posted April 8, 2020.
A cheap, very fun substitute for Beatsaber.
Posted March 7, 2020.
It made me feel the sad/good feels, even after I know the outcome and events of the game from years back
Posted February 5, 2020.
After following the production of this game for about 2 years, I can safely say it was worth the wait.
Epic Battle Fantasy 4 was one of my favourite games of all time, and now with the 5th one out I don't think I can go back to play it simply from how good this one is compared to it. Everything in this game is an improvement, and the addition of capturing monsters, as well as changing the use of mp for skills to waiting for skills to recharge was an excellent choice, shaking up this experience to be far more engaging and fun than any of the others in the series.

So far I am only 8 hours in, and every second I'm not playing this game I'm eager to get back to it. With my playthrough I take most of the optional routes and I feel sure that it will live up to the 30 hour experience it promised, but I will confirm this once I have finished the main story.
Posted December 1, 2018.
5,000.5 hrs on record (3,231.2 hrs at review time)
Go play this game it's fun
Posted November 22, 2017.
This game is a neat little experience.
I found myself loving this game to bits with its comedy and character building, and fun gameplay.
The gameplay is allways fun, with some ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ parts here and there, sometimes needing cat-like reflexes. My other problem is that this game is far to easy, the veteran difficulty (hard) feels like it should be the normal diffictuly, mainly because enemies die far too quickly, this is especially noticible in the bossfights, except the final one.
Also this game is very short, it has 13 levels and I got around 5 hours on the ingame timer.

So, would I say this game is worth the money? Yes.
What I would do is simply buy the game and if you don't like it, just refund it, you'll get a good idea of what the game is like in the 2 hours of play time steam gives you till refund.
Posted October 9, 2017.
If you don't own this game, get it.
Posted November 24, 2016.