Posted: Apr 30, 2017 @ 8:41am
Updated: Apr 30, 2017 @ 8:46am

Pros:
• Has the 'fun' factor. I have spent too many hours playing WC3 Warlocks and am a big fan of that game. I have also played other Warlocks inspired games, like Spellsworn and RUiN, and this game captures the 'fun' factor the best out of all of them. I feel like you can put many hours in this game, and every round will feel unique and exciting.
• Beautiful art and graphics. I love the arcade theme, and the abundance of arenas to choose from. The projectile particles look great too.
• 100% individual skill based. I love that I don't have to rely on teammates to do their part. I can only blame myself if I lost :).
• Lots of spells and a good variety of different robots to play with.

Cons:
• Lack of players.
• Region-locked. I can understand it if the game has an enormous player base, but that's not the case here. I'm willing to compromise on the latency if that means I can get a game going when I want to play.
• Physics system is somewhat clunky. It looks like there's a noticeable delay between a projectile hitting you and the knockback occurring. Also, I put up a reflective barrier, and things that should have been reflected were just passing through the barrier.

Small suggestions for the devs:
• Too much downtime between rounds. There is currently a full minute between rounds, which is only spent by picking spells. I suggest allowing "practice" spell shooting and movement during this time (this is what Warlocks does).
• Hotkeys are different after each game. When you pick a spell, it just goes to the next slot in the ability bar. I suggest creating a menu that allows the player to bind all spells to certain hotkeys (per robot).

Conclusion:

It's an early access game, and with early access comes bugs and issues (no developer can escape this). If you have played WC3 Warlocks before, or have played some type of arena brawler and love those kinds of games, then I feel like at $12.99 you will be getting a good bang for your buck. Please keep in mind that at this point, it is difficult to get a game going because of the lack of players and the region locking (join the Discord server to help with this). I feel like there's a lot of potential here, and I am looking forward to destroying lots of robots and watching the community grow :).

Note: I will try to update this review as the game gets updated.