Recent reviews by FailsTiraga

The beans are cute enough to distract you from this game being weaponized "Crabs in a bucket"

...Also the game runs pretty well and is fun too.
Posted December 15, 2020.
Don't let the fact that it's by a mobile game dev, or the fact that it's pretty low-budget fool you: Battle for the Grid is an honest-to-Zordon gem of a fighting game. The online experience is for the most part great, with fantastic netcode. Each character has different special moves that make them fun to play, and while the game's controls are simplified in comparison to other fighting games, the fundamentals of fighting still remain.

Honestly, if you're a fan of Marvel vs. Capcom and Skullgirls, you'll probably greatly enjoy this game.
Posted August 18, 2020.
A fantastic fighting game with an excellent cast, a great art style, and great mechanics. Every character feels different but the majority are fun to play. I remember this game used to be a cornerstone of get-togethers with my friends in high school, along with Brawl and Left 4 Dead. Great for my scrubby ass, but also fantastic to watch high-level play.

also ha ha ghost rider j.S goes "shing! whap-pap-pap"
Posted May 22, 2020.
When's Revelator?

Fast-paced and fun, Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- is a phenomenal 2D fighting game, featuring a cast of unique characters, a plethora of fun moves, and smooth gameplay perfectly complimented by fantastic music and great graphics. The game's art style uses 3D models, but deliberately makes everything look 2D in order to channel the feel of the older Guilty Gear games, even going as far as to make several of the attack animations intentionally choppy. Strangely enough, that choppiness actually makes this game look better. I don't understand it either.

Of course, by the time this game came out on PC, people were already clamoring for the second Xrd game, -REVELATOR-, and by the time that game releases on Steam we'll probably already have a third game in the works. This is still a very fun game, though. If there's one criticism I do have, it's that Arc System Works' games tend to not have the greatest netcode out there. The game's online functions well enough, but suffers from delay at times and doesn't seem to cooperate very well with streaming software, or at least it didn't for me.

Also the game has Elphelt Valentine and she is 150% cute so play this game okay
Posted September 20, 2016.
One of the very first games I ever got addicted to as a kid, RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 is still great fun to play even now. Between managing a park, designing rides, and only occasionally making a colossal deathtrap for guests, the game kept me entertained in Elementary School, and keeps me entertained even now. Of course, since I'm running this old-ass game on Win10, there are a few issues where I had the game crash, including when trying to load my saved game files. It also seems to crash when you hit the exit button, which I guess works out since that exits the game anyway.

Still really good fun, and designing a cool rollercoaster is always a great time.
Posted September 20, 2016.
Well, this game was a lot shorter than I remembered as a kid, but it's still a pretty fun romp. This is definitely the kind of game that a parent and their child can play together, like what happened when I was growing up. I remember playing this game with my mom, along with the other Putt-Putt games and Pajama Sam titles.

As a teaching tool, the only thing this game teaches is the art of basic problem solving. You won't learn maths or science from this, and it's not going to expand your vocabulary. What it WILL do for kids is help them learn to find solutions to problems; even if something seems hopeless at first, with a little bit of thinking you'll be done in no time.

The game's laughably short: Even as someone who's a bit dumb in the face, I beat this game in about 40 minutes or so, and that was with exploring around a bunch, trying to remember all the things from as a kid. I'd imagine if you're in the game's target audience it'll last longer, but it's nothing too involved. It's still a fun experience, though. Even as I was just going around doing things, I had this big dumb smile on my face the entire time. It's nostalgic, really. I'm willing to bet that even now, this game would be able to entertain kids just as well as it did 20 years ago.
Posted December 1, 2015.
Final Fantasy III is a clunky mess. It's also kinda fun because of that, seeing as the game was released in 1990 and still holds up fairly well considering its age (Though this specific build was rolled out in 2007.) Even if it's just as a way to see some of Final Fantasy's humble beginnings, this game's still fairly enjoyable, though I'd wait until a price drop to do so, as $12 for what's effectively a repackaged Nintendo DS game is a bit pricey.

Notably, this version has achievements, some of which will make you want to tear your ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ eyes out of your skull. ...So y'know, it's got that going for it.
Posted September 3, 2014.
Without a doubt, one of the best 3D platformers out there, with great control and a lot of humour to it. The game's levels are challenging and sometimes a bit frustrating, but the incredible atmosphere, likeable characters, and twisted sense of humour makes clearing each level all the better. It's also one of those rare 3D platform games that plays very well without the use of a controller, though I'd still suggest using one.
Posted June 26, 2014.