Recent reviews by Alpha

< 1  2  3 >
i remember playing the demo over and over because my cd broke and i couldn't find a new one. It's on Steam now and for me it works perfectly (with a few tweaks). I think more people would give it a chance if it got a remaster with all the quirks ironed out. Sucks that it gets negative reviews because of its poor optimization. Everyone I know that plays this game from start to finish loves it and I think it's because the game mechanics age very well. Games of the era (2002) have very old game design but this game should feel very familiar to anyone that plays action adventure games and RPGs.

Side note, but the game is bundled with the soundtrack, which is really nice. I recommend listening to it on its own. It's used sparingly in-game but it sticks with you.
Posted May 8.
I bought this game thinking that it was fine and then I saw that it is a very mediocre port with a lot of flaws, leaving it unfinished, I know now a version for PC Game pass came out and it released with many fixes that are not present in the Steam version because Square Enix never patched this release and it was the community itself that had to fix this disappointment of a game, I see now that both the horrible, mediocre port and the publisher really does not care about helping consumers who buy their product, My advice is to not buy it.
Posted April 13.
Nuclear winter is the best game mode. Main game is complete ass though, can't find any resources because someone else has already picked it up. Progression is extremely slow and stuff you build will be destroyed as soon as you leave, which involves any progress you've done for quests so don't even bother.
Posted November 25, 2020.
"Hell is other fall guys players" - Jean-Paul Sartre
Posted August 27, 2020.
Perfect blend of rogue-like and deck-building gameplay mechanics. I'm not much of a card player because the barrier of entry for most modern card games is too high for me, so the game forcing me to use a basic deck from the start is very nice.
It does however lean more towards a rogue-like, with your character resetting every time he dies. It has a vast number of synergies you can achieve with your cards and the deeper you go the more invested you get so it's a really addicting experience knowing that if you played your cards just a little bit differently you could get farther.
Since the cards and upgrades have a small pool you can choose from at every game, you have to constantly adapt so the game never gets stale. All the card and card effects are very well designed so it feels really satisfying pulling off some crazy combo on an enemy that previously gave you a lot of trouble.
The best part is the bosses, but I'm not spoiling ;)
Posted November 26, 2019.
Doesn't contain all the DLC and it's too expensive
Posted November 26, 2019.
Adds a few mechanics from the previous entry but other than that it's just new maps and recipes gameplaywise. Not worth the price, especially the season pass which only gives you some of the DLC
not canon according to half-life 2
6) No screenshot support
7) No controller support
8) They broke EU laws
9) You have to tick a box to opt out of emails
10) They are partially owned by Tencent, a company that sells user data to the Chinese government
11) No achievements
12) No cloud saves
13) No game forums
14) They make you pay the transaction fee when purchasing games separate from tax
15) They pay for exclusive rights to games to try and force you to use their store
16) They can refuse refunds even if you meet the criteria
17) No reviews
18) No Linux support

All this alone should let everyone know about the current situation with Borderlands and Take-Two Interactive.
Posted April 4, 2019.