Posted: Dec 12, 2020 @ 8:11am

Wow.... No. A household name in gaming like Medal of Honor putting out something of this caliber is just damaging to VR as a whole.

Garbage quality. No polish. No pride in their work. From simple things like where does the mission screen appear or making sure grenade models don't overlap to core gameplay mechanics like grabbing objects or reloading your weapon.... They were all clunky and poorly implemented if not outright bugged and broken. I consider things like the grenade model overlap bugged and broken. If I can't grab the object my hand is touching... That's broken. Period.

Visually the game is roughly decent until you get to the animations which were trash tier. The facial animations of the NPCs, who we spent the majority of our time staring at, had a vast range of quality from nonexistent to decentish if this were a $20 game.

The audio was very low but nothing overtly stood out as negative. The voice acting seemed fairly well done if not a bit campy. It was very hard to take seriously but I don't put that on the voice actors. It feels more like the scripting is the issue here.

Gameplay wise we're looking at effectively a poorly implemented wave shooter that licensed the MoH name. The one mission we encountered that wasn't a wave shooter was an on rails shooter that implements anti-VR gameplay that will likely make the player too sick to continue.

This is a $60 title that I wouldn't play for $10. EA and Respawn need to get their sh*t together and take some f*cking pride in their work. If this were a free download I would hesitate to recommend it.
MasterGamingVR Dec 13, 2020 @ 9:07am

This is the scenario I envision when I say the game is damaging to VR as a whole. Not that it's going to *Sarcastic voice* topple VR sales and collapse the industry. *End Sarcastic voice* Just that this game has the potential to pull in new players based on the IP. Has an inherent trust because of the IP. Will potentially also turn those same new players away, puking in a corner, while on their phones shit posting about VR being a scam and a fad.

Now, we don't have to agree. Opinions are like that. I'm not trying to convince you or change your mind. I just wanted to elaborate on that one liner I wrote in haste and angry.
MasterGamingVR Dec 13, 2020 @ 9:07am
I did not say it would 'kill' VR. I said it was 'damaging'. There's a large difference there.

I asked my non gamer SO if she knew what Medal of Honor was. Her response was something along the lines of "It's like a Call of Duty game?" So, even though they haven't put out a game in a while, it's still a large enough title for non gamers to recognize it.

Extremely scientific sample size of one, I know, but I'm using her as a baseline.

Now, the logic here is thus: Alyx saw a huge uptick in VR sales because it was an established IP. (Which also had its last title released mid 2000s prior to Alyx.)

These new players come in for the MoH experience and get this steaming pile? They play for an hour and get to the on rails shooter portion. They get sick AF. Most would assume that a AAA dev is going to put out the best of what VR has to offer and expect this is what VR is.

-1 potential VR player.
Swattii Dec 13, 2020 @ 5:45am
While I can't deny the game doesn't look good, you have to be a complete idiot to think something like this could kill VR. VR is more popular than EVER now with the cheaper Quest 2 and the COVID epidemic.

Also, Medal of Honor hasn't been a household name in very long time. They used to make good games back in the mid-2000's but that was ages ago.
Moonravin Dec 12, 2020 @ 5:53pm
Nailed it.
󠀡󠀡󠀡󠀡⁧⁧GAMING Dec 12, 2020 @ 10:38am
It really feels like half the dev team put some real effort in and the other half just sharted out the bare minimum. The graphical assets for example are on par with other AAA games. Honestly with the amount of assets, music, etc. they created specifically for this game it really makes no sense why they aimed so low in terms of the actual gameplay design. They could've delivered a damn good game if they had actually been ambitious.
mrorange Dec 12, 2020 @ 9:27am
Games like this can kill VR for everyone...
MasterGamingVR Dec 12, 2020 @ 8:47am
Very. This could have been the next Alyx had there been any amount of pride taken in development.
mrorange Dec 12, 2020 @ 8:46am