Posted: Jun 24, 2017 @ 12:17pm

Yesterday was my first experience with the game. This is how it went.
I woke up on a road, with some clothes and a flashlight. I saw a town up ahead and I start moving in. I find a baseball bat and drink some water out of a toilet. I get a change of clothes, and then I hear some guys outside. When I go to investigate, they have a group of 3 people. I ask if I can hang with them and they said sure.
After a bit more gearing up, I had plenty of food and drink, and a .22 rifle with 4 shots. We started heading up the road, to a place that sounded almost mystical when they said "Hayward". Another guy joins our party and we start heading up the road. We reach some scaffolding near a bridge and start looting. We find some shotguns, some ammo, some food, and that one of our party members has died, either from falling or from starvation. Up until this point we were all communicating through ingame/direct chat, so we had no clue what happened to him. We soon join a Discord server together.
We continue up the road and find Hayward and go in. The city itself looks absolutely stunning, something that looked like it belonged in The Last Of Us. We go into the underground parking garage, and it was so atmospheric and just. Everything was so cool down there. We leave and head towards some scaffolding next to the Police Station. We start making our way up when one of our remaining party members gets bear trapped and killed. Two to three men are upstairs, fully geared and with traps set all over the place. They slowly pick us off until we're all dead.
Later, we're split up with new respawns. I'm at an airstrip with one of the group members, and they're very far inland. It's turning night and we start searching buildings. In the corner of an office building in one of the hangars is a fully geared guy. My friend immediately throws his hands up, but I take a revolver and shoot him. I take his gear and leave some for my friend, he must have been AFK or something. We start moving towards the rest of our group when we spot a flashlight in a military tent. I fire two rounds and see his body drop, then we go and loot him.
Much, much later, we group up and meet another guy, who says he's got a boat and he'll take us to Hayward. We become quick friends with him and he takes us to Hayward. Another group member just got back though, so he will need to take another trip to get him. Once we're dropped off, we wait a bit until he tells us he was ambushed by 5 guys, fully geared. They killed him and took the boat, and he said they're heading towards us.
We quickly take position. I'm station on top of a ridge with another group member maybe 100 feet ahead, and the other is on the shoreline hidden in the trees. We see the boat coming, wait for it to get in all of our sights, and start lighting it up. They veer off and try to get to the shore, but our group member was already there, and he finishes them off. They all died and we got their gear. Some more stuff happened afterwards, but it was much less interesting.

That was my first day on the game. Do I recommend it? Yes of course. It's what DayZ wishes it could be.

TL;DR we ambushed some guys who were in a boat and killed them as revenge for killing our friend. Get this game immediately.
MoistHobbitt Sep 17, 2017 @ 9:04pm
i was one of those people in his group was a fun time.
Deus Vult Jul 21, 2017 @ 3:57pm
thanks
tilr Jul 21, 2017 @ 3:54pm
I might've just gotten lucky lol
Deus Vult Jul 21, 2017 @ 3:53pm
its just every server I play on the people are really hostile and it sounds like that server is a little bit more friendly
tilr Jul 21, 2017 @ 3:52pm
US 1. Anytime i'm on Miscreated, I play on US #1.
Deus Vult Jul 21, 2017 @ 3:51pm
hey what server do you play on
tilr Jul 12, 2017 @ 2:36pm
That really means a lot, thank you. I'm really sorry about your situation.
Phoenix_Proudclad Jul 12, 2017 @ 4:24am
suffer from severe depression and I've been wanting this game for awhile. Sadly due to moving out on my own last month I cannot even afford this game (or anything) during the summer sale and maybe months after. It is very hard feeling left out on the sale. I've obsessively watched gameplay videos of this game and watched some streamers play it and I've just been reading steam reviews like some sort of voyeur.

Despite that, despite how badly I feel. Your review made me lquite happy. Thank you for that, I appreciate it. Please continue to write them and make even more people happy. You're a good person.

(Sorry for the long comment)
tilr Jul 4, 2017 @ 3:08pm
thanks man, it was so fun playing with those guys.
BLK SHEEP Jul 4, 2017 @ 7:46am
Damnnnn, made me piss myself it was funny how you presentet the whole story! Ur so lucky finding them haha. :GG_endorlight::GG_endorlight: