Recent reviews by InsaneFirebat

Random game in my library that deserves a review.
+ huge open world that you can explore from top to bottom with very little restrictions
+ movement feels very fluid and fast
+ tons of content with or without the DLC
+ skill progression that's not tied to the story missions
+ compares your scores, stats, and records to your friends
+ hint system for finding all the hidden collectibles

- Steam Overlay will eat your storage space as you play
- very resource intensive, this game puts my 16GB of RAM to use
- needs more weapons
- challenges seem too hard at first, but are meant to be replayed after earning new skills (via the same challenges)

The movement in this game is far superior to any other open world I've explored. There is a sense of total freedom to go anywhere and do anything you like.
Posted March 20, 2017.
1,803.6 hrs on record
An excellent roguelike shooter that seemed difficult at first, but just gets better and better with each playthrough. I've got 500+ runs in and I barely feel like I scratched the surface. This game deserves a better review. Maybe after I manage to beat it with a few more characters.
Posted November 24, 2016.
A very challenging platformer with good controls. Not a casual game.
Posted March 11, 2016.
Lets be honest. We all bought this game so we could spell words on our profile with the achievement icons. http://i.imgur.com/kJMS0QR.png

On a more serious note, LYNE is a pretty decent minimalist puzzle game. If you like puzzles, you'll probably enjoy this. If you're like me and hate puzzle games, you probably won't hate this one as much as the rest.
Posted February 25, 2016.
TL/DR: Tons of potential lost to a buggy mess

I remember seeing this game in Early Access and wanting to play it. Once I noticed it was no longer in early access, I quickly grabbed this game at a decent sale price. Good thing I found it on sale, because this game is nowhere close to release quality.

There are tons of bugs you'll encounter that will halt any progress. I've only seen the main menu once, the first time I launched the game. Every launch since then immediately throws me into an empty prison and I have to load whatever I want to play from there. Reinstalling the game didn't help :(

The campaign is nearly unplayable, unless you want to spend a lot of time looking through bug reports to find workarounds. The scripting is very easy to break. Objectives are often not very clear, and specific details are often left out. I was only able to progress through the first 3 missions before giving up. No matter how many guards I assign to that security room, none of them will operate the CCTV Monitors.

The wiki states that you can have a Shower within a Holding Cell, as long as it has doors to separate them. However, adding a Shower room immediately breaks the Holding Cell.

There is a sandbox mode where you can build your dream prison with unlimited funds, as well as an escape mode where you can attempt to break out of any prison (local or workshop). I'd comment more on these, but I'm too frustrated with the campaign to bother playing this anymore.

All of this could easily be excused if the game were still in Early Access. As an official release, it's extremely buggy and nearly unplayable (campaign mode). I would not recommend buying this game in its current form. Hopefully more updates will come to alleviate these issues. Until then, this game will sit on a shelf in my Library.
Posted November 30, 2015. Last edited November 30, 2015.
2D Minecraft with better combat. Much better with friends on a private server.
Posted January 3, 2015.
For players who want to get all the core features and cut out the grinding, AirMech Prime offers all feature unlocks, all mechs, and enough kudos to clear out the entire Shop (and have plenty left over for new releases). You won't get much for diamonds or cosmetics, just the things that affect gameplay.

If you don't like the free2play model, this is the purchase for you.
Posted October 12, 2014. Last edited November 26, 2015.
The best deal for diamonds, even better than the $100 package. If you want cosmetics or currency to play MarketMech, this should be your first purchase.
Posted October 12, 2014.
Work in Progress
This review is incomplete. I will update/finish it when I find the time.

This is currently my favorite offline game. Anytime my usual addictions are unavailable, I always head straight for FTL and tackle another playthrough. This game is easily worth the $10 USD price tag, if not more. The recent expansion pack only adds to this value, and I almost feel guilty for not paying for so much content. It could have easily been a $5 DLC.

FTL is a roguelite space simulation game developed by Subset Games. It features perma-death, realtime strategy with the ability to pause and give orders, randomized level design, and nearly endless replay value.

Starting off with the tutorial, you'll get a quick briefing of the plot and objective, followed by a rundown of the UI. After jumping to the next location, you'll find your first battle which offers some helpful tips like using missiles to take out enemy shield systems. After combat, upgrade your ships reactor and weapon system and you're all set. The whole tutorial takes about 5 minutes. If you can't be bothered with 5 minutes, skip it. You can mouse-over just about everything for detailed tooltips at any point in the game.

My biggest, and only notable, gripe with this game is that it doesn't support Steam Achievements. I find this very odd since it has it's own in-game achievements not recognized by Steam.
Posted April 27, 2014. Last edited April 27, 2014.