Recent reviews by Retr0

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenter the Gungeon
Is probably the best rogue like out there so far;

It's a game in which everything is shaped like a gun. The bullets that hold guns that shoot bullets are your main enemy, but don't worry you can get a bullet that shoots guns that shoots bullets to fight em' right back.

The room to room combat of the game is satisfying, at first you'll suffer a bit. Enemies will hit you left and right and you'll probably die to your first bossfight, and it being a roguelike you go back to the start. This ♥♥♥♥ will keep happening to you. In gungeon the better players are not the ones that didn't die while learning the game, it's the ones that died the least.

-OK? GAME HARD NO BUY!
nononono stop it right there din dingus and listen.

After a while everything will start to click, as you see the same enemy types over and over, the same rooms, you'll start to develop your own meta/play style on how to deal with things and at that point you'll become unstoppable. This game is easy, unlike some other roguelikes, because it's fair. Cheap hits are rare if not non existent, the room design is solid and when I when I die I always feel like it was my fault. You just have to learn how the guns work, how the enemies work, memorize all the rooms, all the bosses all the[...]
And that takes a while, it varies from player to player, it might take you 20 runs to beat that ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ gattling bird, stupid bird with his stupid machinegun ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ why is he in the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ game. BUT when you do it you'll never have as much trouble as you had before.

This game is a bicycle, we all have our own struggles with it at first, but it becomes second nature after we do.
Some people will refuse to learn it and call it hard, and that's ok. IF YOU'RE A BIG VIRGIN GIT GUD HAHAHA.

I don't give games scores, cuz that's stupid.
Posted May 12.
Like usual, online RPGs are soulless as hell and this one is no exception.
The game battles PC players every step of the way. The 2 hours I have were trying to setup controls.
The game emulates mouse movement like it were a controller, and while they did "fix" the issue (2 years after release mind you) you still have to go sifting trough forum posts because the chinese dimwits that programmed this mess can't be bothered to translate their options. "Mouse option or style or whatever the ♥♥♥♥ 2" translates to "Raw input".
There's a keyboard layout for every weapon type, and while that sounds good on paper that you have way more ways to configure your stuff... It's not.
Sadly you can't overlap some stuff that you want. Prompts for keys you set don't change, only veterans of this game can set the controls. Kinda flawed if you ask me since setting the controls is the literal first thing you do in a game.
The grind is ridiculous, the story is retarded, the cute cats are weird and gross, the girls fight with their tits out, the voice acting is bad, the combat is hack and slash damage numbers and potion mashing.

"Oh but that's just how rpgs are"
Have you played Skyrim, Witcher, hell even assasins creed is better than this crap.

0/10
Bad port
Bad story
Bad
Posted January 11. Last edited January 26.
Gameplay is fine, the tickrate is fine, the characters are fine.
This could be a cs go rival/killer but ubisoft are a bunch of greedy ♥♥♥♥♥ and put the operators behind a grind wall / pay wall.
Posted November 18, 2019.
2,964.4 hrs on record (2,681.6 hrs at review time)
Look, it's a rockstar game... The singleplayer is the same ♥♥♥♥ they been doing for years now, only way more refined. That gets a pass.

The online... Where do I start?
out of the 2.5+K hours I have in this game, 100 are from the singleplayer, a good 200 are loading screens and the rest is the online.
What did I spend doing with all those hours? Killing every single poor soul, tryhard, grinder, noob anything that moves basically I've killed more than 1000 times.
I love the pvp in this game. It's flawed, it's unbalanced, it's super easy to cheat on... BUT it's so satisfying. Nothing is written down, there are no gun stats, there's no defined meta you get to discover all of that.
The countless hours I spend on refining my playstyle, my personal meta, my list of exploits, it's what made me like this game so much. There's no better feeling than outplaying your opponent to such a degree that they assume you must be cheating.
I love destroying people and this game makes that possible.
Posted November 13, 2019. Last edited January 1.
1,185.0 hrs on record (1,139.8 hrs at review time)
The game is bad, it's holding me hostage for all these years. I think I've developed Stockholm syndrome (Ironically a skill on the game).
Posted November 11, 2019. Last edited January 1.
It's like they tried to make a story driven game, gave up half the way and said the extra bonus challenges were the full game.
The story gets interesting and then it ends.
Posted June 30, 2019. Last edited June 30, 2019.
What will I ever do when I 100% this game? WHAT WILL FILL THE VOID?
Posted November 23, 2018.
3,539.4 hrs on record (3,135.4 hrs at review time)
The game where the dev team tests how far they can push the stupidity meter. It broke on bumper cart ducks.
Posted November 22, 2010. Last edited November 22, 2017.