Recent reviews by Guns

< 1  2  3 >
I'm a big fan of Broken Sword, since the first one. I did the two first opus, then I skipped the third and fourth, they were not attractive for me. But when I saw the fifth, it looked damn good to me, and instantly reminds my the first ones mood. And it was the case. Really enjoyable, fun to play, not too long, not too short. Big sense of humour, nice situations and always this part of mystery that put you back to your childhood days.
I liked it a lot and I'd love to play a sixth :)
Posted March 10.
The kind of game that would justify the "Would you recommand? > MAYBE" option. Because it's a quite good small game. For a platformer it's nicely done, story is good even if plot is quite obvious. The game is quite short though and the only length you could get is with this effin sequences you have to do over and over because you didn't use the right button at the exact right timing. When you have to restart a whole sequence 40, 50 then 60 times, well the game lose its fun and become just rigidly boring. So I would have prefered a much longer game without boring sequences. I'm pretty sure you can imagine a game hard enough without making compulsory button sequences. Fortunately, those sequences are not too often in the game, you have only a couple, but at the end that's almost the only thing I can recall, so not a good point. But overall, when you can get the rid of this, or if you use a game controller and not keyboard/mouse as I did, it's still an enjoyable game.

tl;dr: 5/10
Posted December 28, 2017.
First, I'll go for the bad, because I'm some kind of person who like to focus on the bad sides. First thing, I find it with less interaction than LiS. Second, I prefered the Unreal engine instead of the Unity engine.
That's it for the bad.
Now, let's be honnest, this is a great game for anyone who've played LiS, it explains so much things, and it gave us the chance to meet at last Rachel. To be honnest I could have put this in the bad points, because obviously the more you learn to know her and the most her fate in LiS is burning in the back of your head, and the more you feel connected with the LiS Chloe.
I was quite happy this time, that I didn't cried for a couple of hours after the end, in fact that was just before the end of the credits, then IT HAPPENED. The link between LiS:BtS and LiS was made, and it was made in a cruel and sadistic way (well done Deck Nine).

So, in a word, go play it.

ps : we want more. MORE.
Posted December 23, 2017.
This game is exactly the reason why there should be a in-between button, and not just yes or no. I've finished the game, and I would recommend it just to increase the global positive feedbacks, in order to have a fourth game.

Let get it straight, I am a big fan of Amerzone and Syberia 1/2. So I've been following the development of this game since it was announced with high anticipation. I've been so cruely disappointed. The game still have the Syberia mood, but that's all. The background story is pure nonsense. We are playing Kate Walker, helping the Yukols to travel. But a bad guy is afeter us. Why? Because he wants the Yukols to behave. That's so weak. How can one imagine military guys use heavy forces, to forces a tribe of ... what ... 30 guys and 8 of their "ostrichs" just to become real citizens. That's rubish, but the worse is to come.
You, Kate Walker, are supposed to help them. In a game when you want the player to be involved in helping others, you try not to make them the most annoying characters ever. To be honnest if the possibility to resign was an option, I would have done it. If the possibility to kill them all was an option, I would have done it first. They are boring to death, running in circles around, arms raised like insane dwarves. And they never help you, the npc repeat the same and same sentences, it's really hard to have ampathy.

Still, the game could have been not so bad if the gameplay was not so crappy. You can play with mouse, like the old games, and sometimes you are stuck. I mean completly stuck, and need to restart the game because you are un a place you are not supposed to be. It happens to me a couple of time, and with the autosave feature who happened to save your game when it wants, it very annoying. Moves of Kate are really painful. You need a lot of patience to manage her to ge where you want. For a 2003 game it's ok though. Ho wait .......

So to conclude, I was very disappointed by it. (fun fact: it's 15 hours of gameplay, half of them correcting paths).

Anyway, I'm still hoping they'll made a sequel, with a real engine (or learn to use Unity, which I think is still a losy engine), and with real enigma, heart-breaking characters and not characters you wanna break their hearts (I would buy a game where you can hunt and shoot yukols!!). Hence the "positive" feeback.

tl;dr: didn't like the way it was done, still in love with the mood, want a 4th real Syberia game to help me forget this one.
Posted October 22, 2017.
Quite a fun game. I know I spent not a lot of time on this, but I can easily not recommend it because of a effin bug that annoys me alot. Each time I quit this game, my windows desktop has luminosity screwed up. I can't understand how a game, in 2017, use OS lum instead of its own settings.
Apart from this, it's fun, I like to meet with new family, especialy when they are better ingame than irl. Scary mechnisms are a bit obvious though.
Posted September 11, 2017.
Gros fan du premier Tomb, puis du deuxième, puis un peu moins du troisième, puis carrément pas du quatrième, puis .. bref, après marqué de l'empreinte de mon nom les premiers time attacks, avoir rédigé des soluces puis n'avoir qu'installé/testé/désinstallé un paquet de jeux de la série. J'avoue que le reboot m'a fait un bien fou.

Ce deuxième opus de la nouvelle trilogie s'inscrit dans la lignée du précédent Tomb. On retrouve une Lara archère de première, qui crafte à tout va des ressources qu'elle trouve facilement en décimant la faune locale. Le côté sauvage et meurtrier de Lara est assez plaisant, et l'histoire est agréable, bien amenée. Je regrette toujours un peu un manque d'exploration. Pour ma part j'ai eu le jeu en promo avec l'ensemble des DLC et donc les tombes alternatives, et franchement je me demande bien comment on peut justifier le prix de sortie sans ce contenu, parce que niveau exploration on reste un peu en dessous.

Par contre, le jeu est très agréable à jouer, le clavier/souris fonctionne à merveille et on ne ressent pas trop le fait que ce soit un portage de console. La qualité graphique est superbe, le jeu super fluide, et franchement c'est prenant, même sans une exploration de fou (à ce propos, le bonus Manoir est agréable, pour le coup c'est une vrai exploration à l'ancienne).

Bref je recommande et j'attends plus que vivement le nouvel opus. Ca commence à faire long.
Posted June 27, 2017. Last edited November 23, 2017.
This game is like: imaging you are going to watch Star Wars, but ended looking at a draw of a moon while a stupid guide is telling you what is currently happening...

I'd like to say it's the worst game ever, but I can't since it's not a game. It's pathetic cartoons, manga from the 90's styled, not moving, with a boring story over it. You have to press space (or click) ten times per second to move from one sentence to another, and there's like one hundred sentences by draws. It's awful. I played this for 20 minutes and I had the feeling my soul was leaving my body, I'm almost sure I died twice while coping with this non game.

I'm going back to my mangas, boobs are better, and the books are moving faster :x

0/10, would not even recommend this to my worst enemy because I'm not that sadistic.
Posted December 11, 2016.
What a cute game. Anna's Quest is quite short, but a very lovely game. I really enjoyed it. It offers a decent length gameplay and a very original situation.

It's a fairytale, where the player starts without any knowloedge about the world he had entered. Along the journey, you'll start to understand what is the situation, and how to solve the problems. Magic is everywhere, fun also, and a rich story.

I would recommend this game and give it a 8/10
Posted December 4, 2016.
I've already write a lot of reviews for games I've played, and I must say that the "Check this box if you received this product for free" bothers me a lot. I never receive anything free. I mean this box always remind me I have no luck in my life. And that's indeed a good intro for this review, as we can say the Hero of Ankh has the same luck than me...

Ankh is an adventure game, old school designed (mean no fancy stuff, a lot of go/back to nowhere to get one portion of the thing you need to assemble/get/drink, lot of silly jokes). It's quite enjoyable but I must say than the few times you need to go back and forth to desert is quite painful. Shortcuts would have been much welcomed.

Enigmes are quite simple, but they are also long to achieve because the game asks you to move all the time to get stuff. So the length of the game is at least twice what it should be. Characters are fun and well done, it's really in the spirit of the old Monkey Island games.

Ankh is a decent game you may enjoy for the few hours of fun it can give you. That's all, you'll certainly forget about it 10 minutes after the end.

Overall : 6/10, fun, not amazing.
Posted December 4, 2016.
First thing: this game is really enjoyable. I liked a lot the different levels, the costums and environment are great. I would recommend this game for anyone who enjoy platform games, acion games, or adventure games. The only point that bothered me was the minichallenge where you have to kill an indecent number of opponents in a very limited time.

I must say that redo this game with all the weapons from the begining is great. The jumps are very enjoyable, even when there's a time limit and invisible platforms. The tricks are great.

So this is a fun game. If you can have it for a very low price it becomes a must have.

Overall: 7/10
< 1  2  3 >