Recent reviews by gbs

It's honestly incredibly nice.

I mainly use this for watching movies (in 3d!?) and emulating gamecube games(also in 3d???)

It outperforms quite a few of the paid varieties of virtual desktops, in performance and in environments which are really nice.

no idea how this is free though
Posted January 22.
For context, I got the game as a gift.

I'm really enjoying the game so far. There's a lot to do and the world feels by no means empty. It's keeping me busy during quarantine and that's very much appreciated.

However I'm missing a serious amount of features you'd expect of the type of game and whilst there's a lot of content all of it feels somewhat shallow, to name a few:

- Weapon/Armor mods are effectively limited to straight stat upgrades like +7 damage or +10 armor with rarity increasing the values. To say this is bland doesn't cut it.
-Car customization. I've seen a billion Quadra's with better looking exteriors than the 3 I own at this point.
-BD's serve no purpose outside of scripted missions
-Weapon variety instead of a ludicrous amount of the same weapon type that's only marginally better if at all. It's "fun" that every enemy drops their weapon but it makes for incredibly slow looting
-mass looting/auto selling
-Driving AI, unless they're trying to simulate every car being a tesla with netflix on the panel it would be nice if drivers would be somewhat responsive.

Also the gun play, whilst looking rather fancy eventually starts boiling down to stacking up on crit chance and doing 60000 damage per shot even on the hardest difficulties. Enemy AI is really not smart in terms of corner peaks and teamplay and stealth bugs frequently when enemies see bodies trough walls.

Not to forget the driving missions only serve as context for a narrative. Which is a really good narrative, but the driving itself is really not good. Opposing cars teleport to keep up, Top speed of all the cars is poor, especially considering the Porsche 911 has a topspeed of less than 200kmh. That's about 130kmh less than it has in real life current year. The future is looking grim as can be for car enthusiasts.

And bugs bugs bugs...
Sound disappearing halfway an animation. Finishers that haven't had sound ever as far as I'm aware. People falling trough the floor. Collisions with cars disappearing when the side passenger gets stuck. Cars flying into orbit because you summon more than 1 car. Cars getting stuck because you're not 'supposed' to drive somewhere. Enemies aggroing at you because they take gravity damage. Foliage being funky. Edge sliding causing you to rapidly increase speed and flying into orbit. Jumping on an edge and being flung into the ground getting insta killed. Removing a turret from a pedestal getting you stuck in the animation. Taking a turret whilst you own 1 allows you to keep it though. Savefile over 8mb's because selling food items takes a year? unlucky you have to start over. Police spawning inside the wall causing them to take damage means you're to blame as well. Getting stuck in third person view in a cutscene. Too many people spawn in certain area's but if you shoot straight up and do a 360 all of them despawn. That's the stuff I can remember happening in just my game off the top of my head.

So what's good about the game?

The story, the side missions stories, world building, all that good rpg stuff that reminds you of those 3 games with the witches and the monsters and people that carry 2 swords, that stuff. I think they even made that into a Netflix exclusive and a card game, those are good too.

Do I enjoy the game?

Would I recommend buying the game now (at full price)?

No, wait for a bit, they're probably working hard on it.
Posted January 2.
a
Posted November 25, 2020.
1,669.6 hrs on record (1,144.5 hrs at review time)
bad game
Posted November 21, 2019.
Go play fallout new vegas
Posted November 5, 2019.
Great controller, the whole gig with the trackpads and great haptic feedbacks makes for a very fun controller. The fact it requires no pairing is one of the main reasons why I use this controller whenever I need to do things with a pc which ports I can't reach properly or without space for a wireless mouse. Using it to navigate windows or browse websites works great with it too but that's not why you're buying it assumably.

Gaming with it is weird and most games that work traditionally well with a controller( RPGs, racing games, platformers to name a few) are not always incredibly fun with it and require serious getting used to. Navigating menus with this thing is a lot easier and faster than with a traditional controller and for that reason games that require you to do so are a lot more fun than with a traditional controller(Cities Skylines, The Sims, etc) and games that do mixed like first person shooter require some getting used to but in my opinion are easier than with a traditional controller because you get better and more feedback and can do much more precise movements than with a regular stick. Keep this in mind when you buy this controller.

This thing is on sale every 2-3 months so I would definitely not buy this thing on full price, maybe this thing is worth it at full price but if anything gets on sale this often I'd feel pretty scammed buying this at 55 euros if it goes to 20 euros 10 weeks a year.

TL;DR good controller which takes some getting used to. Not amazing for every game. On sale all the time, don't buy at full price.
Posted July 22, 2019.
a
Posted July 1, 2019.
easily the best fallout game
Posted November 24, 2018.
subway crash makes the game litterally unplayable
Posted August 28, 2016.
Good concept, atmosphere is good, looks nice and really authentic.

But it's incredibly tedious in the way you have to get everything to work.

I launched this game with the expectation that there would be certain presets and packs available for download, these are refered to on reddit, and reddit is what you get refered to by the developers of the game.

I can't find any links that haven't got removed or are outdated. I can't say I looked very long or well but I'm here to play some nostalgic games and not to "learn" how this brushed up emulator works. A big part of the experience of an arcade hall for me in the very least is that you could just go there, not worry about anything at all because you dont have to connect or set anything up yourself, you're just there to play some good ol' video games and this feels like the exact opposite of that experience.

Got a gameboy to work after about 30 minutes, might just be me but can't find a single room with decent enough lightning to actually see anything on the screen of it... I geuss that's quite accurate but it's not really fun if I have to hold it with 1 "wand" and use the other one as a flashlight to see the screen.

VR also doesn't seem high enough res to actually display the GB's in a way where it's actually visible even with that flashlight, but that's not something I can blame on the developers of this game.

However, everthing looks nice, there's a lot of fun little details to be found in the hall, there's a lot of fun VR only things in it that you'd find in an actual arcade hall which are displayed in a cool way.

yadayada I cannot end a review; do not recommend this as it is atm, but judging by distance between updates and size of updates this is gonna turn out really good nonetheless.
Posted August 20, 2016. Last edited August 20, 2016.