Recent reviews by foodboy

It's REALLY ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ HARD. Really fun though. A bit discouraging if you aren't very quick.
Posted February 26, 2014.
Learn how to use the middle mouse attack. That's all you need.
Posted February 26, 2014.
It's pretty ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ hard to understand at first, I'm sure once you get into it, it'l be a fun survivial type thing, but this game just wasn't for me.
Posted February 26, 2014.
Risk of Rain is, like, twenty times better, and gives you basically the same experience.
Posted February 26, 2014. Last edited February 26, 2014.
This game is pretty neat, I don't know why I haven't finished it. Definitely worth a play.
Posted February 26, 2014.
It makes you hate your friends so much that you might actually decide to kill everyone else and run through the level yourself.
Posted February 26, 2014.
It was pretty cool when it first came out. Now, I think a lot more indie games have done a better job and more interesting work than this one, like Bastion. I don't think you'll really have an incentive to play it again once you beat it, but the puzzle element of moving time is neat; good work on how they implemented it.

Probably worth your time for a playthrough, but there isn't much more to this game. You'll get exactly your money's worth, and nothing more.
Casual/10
Posted February 26, 2014.
THIS. THIS is the game that everyone will remember. Not ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Infinite, and definitely not ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 2. I actually weep for future generations that will never experience their first dive into Rapture. Honestly, how ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ cool is this game? Like, all the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Plasmids, and how freaking spooky it is to play it at 3AM with all the lights off, only in your boxers, headphones cranked to the max, and OHSHIT BIG DADDY.

Story, top notch. Incredible writing, incredible M. Night Shamalamachameleon style twist, superb characters. The ONLY flaws with this game is the final boss, and how your choice to save or reap the Little Sisters isn't really that intriguing.

Gameplay, incredible. So much fun to use Telekinesis, Electro Bolt, all the guns you get, and more. Exploring Rapture is something you will never, ever get bored of. I got bored of ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ bloomy Comstocktopia or whatever the ♥♥♥♥ it was called in like thirty minutes, and only finished that game because I didn't want my $60 to be wasted. I would've payed $150 for this game when it first came out if I knew how good it was going to be.

Graphics are pretty ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ good on Ultra, even though this game is like eight years old. They did a great job with the underwater theme. Water is actually pleasant to look at in this game, and doesn't look like someone took a texture and put a ♥♥♥♥♥♥ wave animation on it. Enemies are creepy, and the dark, desolate atmosphere of the game is simply divine.

Music fits perfectly to the late 1950s/60s era they were going for. I really dig the old timey feel combined with the "space race" technology theme everywhere.

Best game ever 100000000000/10
Posted February 26, 2014. Last edited February 26, 2014.
Fun with friends, used to be interesting. Not so much anymore. 2 is much better.