Recent reviews by HaDe vLoot.io - discord.gg/cs-go

Needs 4 coordinated team mates to stand a chance but pretty rewarding once you figure it out
Posted November 27, 2020.
Yet another interesting open platformer for a very cheap price.

A bunch of new features like swimming compared to the previous games.
Posted May 4, 2020.
Before I get into the review itself, I'd like to mention that I received a copy of the game for free by the developer for review purposes. I also completed the roughly 15 minute long tutorial which was recommended to do before getting into the campaign mode and would encourage you to do the same to get familiar with the combat system and some game mechanics if you didn't play a tactical turn based game before or just want to be really well prepared. Additionally I only played the game on the medium difficulty setting. There is an easy mode for absolute beginners who just want to lean back and enjoy the story and also a hard mode for fans of the genre who want to face a little challenge.

Broken Lines is about a group of soliders which get lost in enemy territory after surviving a plane crash. Look for survivors, any kind of hints on your location, ways to rescue your remaining squad members and deal with enemies which can approach you any time when you don't except them during your operations.

The game is split in a linear path of missions that advance the story and it also features various choices that the player has to pick in many situations which will impact the outcome of the campaign and offer a nice replay incentive (the game has 3 save files). It is also filled with humorous dialogues which make the story pretty entertaining aswell and help to develop some kind of interest in individual characters which helps the player to get engaged into the game.

Gameplay wise it really offers some well executed content. Every character can have a different weapon type (shotguns, rifles and so on) and also different skills like healing abilities, grenades or other supportive moves.

It functions like a normal turn-based tactics game but whenever new enemies get revealed, the game gets paused so the player can react, adapt and cancel/edit actions of his soliders if needed.

Aside from that the game has cool visuals and a good narrative voice wish tells the story and really helps with a good atmosphere in general. Voice acting and character lines and well done too.

Overall I struggle to find negatives of this game aside from a mentionable 24.99€ price tag but then again I need to admit that I barely had any other experience with turn-based tactics games. What I can definitely say is that this game gave me a good first
impression of this genre and I will finish this game after writing the review because the story got me hooked + I wonder if the late game levels will make me struggle.

If you are looking for a turn-based tactics game that offers difficulty settings, a tutorial and a cool story for beginners but also a hard more for veterans of this genre and you like the fictional World War II setting then this game is definitely worth looking into!

If you are a game developer and would like to get your game reviewed, feel free to email contact@dnbmedia.co
Posted April 4, 2020.
Posted March 23, 2020.
I will probably not play it again but for the really cheap price of 0.47€ the game really offers some fun in the few challenging levels and is worth checking out :maglike:
Posted March 14, 2020.
This game has a cool combat system and offers the player spells, a sword and a bow to fight various types of enemies and collect vodoo dolls which are hidden in the selected level. Find them all to unlock a boss fight.

For the cheap price, this game is absolutely worth it!
Posted March 4, 2020.
Before I get into the review itself, I'd like to mention that I received a copy of the game for free by the developer for review purposes. I also played the game via mouse & keyboard and had no problems at all - the game itself recommends you the usage of a controller but as I just said, playing it with a normal mouse & keyboard combination was totally fine.

The story

The story can be summarized and understood fairly quick. It is about a strong, young man named Galand who was cursed by a witch and lost his youth since he was turned into an old man.

He then proceeded to visit the "Temple of the elder protectors" since he was told that the Elder Protectors were able to restore his youth. Once he spoke to the Elder Protectors, he was told that Melira the witch (which also happened to be the witch that cursed him) tries to bring darkness over the kingdom of Oblena and Geland had to proof that he has a kind heart by defeating her and destroying the so called "Gems of Evil" to stop her and rescue the kingdom of Oblena. Only then, the Elder Protectors would restore his youth.

Before Galand heads out for his journey, the Elder Protectors also provide him a shield named Runestone that guides him on his adventure and assists him in various ways such as combat and parkour.

The game itself is a 3D platformer that consists of harder getting jump and run's, tricky riddles and secrets to solve and occasional combats and (mini) boss fights. Once in a while, the player gets introduced to a new mechanic such as a new dash which he then can use to his advantage in further jump and run parts of the games or fights with stronger getting hordes of enemies.

During the players adventures, he also has the option to collect as many rune stones as possible (by finding hidden chests, collecting them from the ground or simply beating enemies) to get a level up once he collected enough. Level ups increase the players strengh and these hidden rune stones in several spots give the player an incentive to try out different paths and look for hidden places. In my case they also rewarded fancy/experimental movement attempts on places that looked like I might reach them to reveal some secret loot.

Between the chapters, the game also offers you an open world type of area where you can travel fast by surfing on your shield and head to the next location to continue with the story or battle a bunch of enemies, explore some extra buildings and collect even more rune stones.

Here is a little screenshot of me traveling with that surf shield by the way. There are also a bunch of speed boosts available on the area while surfing so you can gain a lot of speed, use some ramps, crash into enemies and just have some fun between the levels.

Atmosphere

The overall atmosphere of the game is quite nice. The kingdom of Oblena looks pretty and all the levels got some lovely details too. Steady loot and respawning enemies make the most areas also look quite active so there are no dead / boring parts of a level. The game often has multiple places to explore and it makes the player think twice before he choses a direction instead of directly giving him a waypoint / goal to pursue. Additionally the game also has some cool voice acting and neat soundtracks so the overall atmosphere of the game is well-made!

Pros

- Nice platformer with harder getting challenges that require jump and run skills and riddle solving
- Rewards exploration with hidden extra loot
- Good balance between levels with certain objectives to achieve and free open world explore time
- Occasional boss fights that are quite fun and challenge you to make use of every mechanic the player knows if you want to master the combat (admittedly in the early stages of the game you can simply win by button smashing but the battles get harder over time and you need to put more and more effort into them as you advance)
- Narration over the course of the story by a nice voice actor
- Steam achievements and full controller support!
- No game breaking bugs

Cons

- 19.99€ on Steam is a bit expensive in my opinion, I could rather see this game at 9.99€-14.99€ but if you are looking for a nice 3D platformer to pick up and truly love this genre then this purchase is always justified of course!
- Some over-used voice lines when Galand opens a chest (there are a bunch of loot chests in every level and considering that the narrator always says one out of two voice lines when opening one, it gets quite repetitive over time)
- Combat with enemies seems a little bit too easy in some cases

Final words

Overall I had a good time playing this game and didn't encounter any frustrating issues at all. I could see myself playing this game again in future to finish all the levels since I can already tell that the game still has some nice challenges waiting for me.

The biggest downside is probably the 19.99€ price tag but admittedly this one is not a big issue either. If a game is genuinely fun and some content gets added once in a while, it's still alright

Rating

7/10 - Definitely a nice game with appealing visuals, a good atmosphere and some challenging levels to spend a good weekend on completing the game!

Posted February 8, 2020. Last edited February 8, 2020.
As a fan of Golf with your friends I would definitely recommend to try this game aswell.

It has a very good price to buy and got some interesting levels and a rewarding feeling when you manage to get good results.
Posted September 13, 2019.
Nice game to casually pick up and play with friends. Gameplay feels good, smooth movement and mechanics which reward skill and good decision making!
Posted June 30, 2019.
2,467.2 hrs on record (2,331.3 hrs at review time)
I love you, Counter Strike.
Posted November 25, 2017. Last edited July 1, 2020.