Recent reviews by DragonHeart000

< 1  2  3  4 >
VR is cool, oculus home is still far better than steamvr home right now but maybe they will get around to improving it.

edit: You can actually get the oculus home and any games you own on Oculus by using revive https://github.com/LibreVR/Revive so that is 100% needed if you are coming from Oculus.

Also while we're at it OpenVR Advanced Settings is super useful and I highly recommended it! https://github.com/OpenVR-Advanced-Settings/OpenVR-AdvancedSettings
Posted November 26. Last edited November 27.
Very innovative game that does an amazing job at combining the Card Game category with Rouge Likes. Certainly an impressive job and one of the best 2019 releases on steam.
Posted November 26.
This game feels very lack luster. The UI seems basic, the guns all feel the similar and weak, the movement feels slow, and the audio design just sounds very bland.

The concept is good, I'll for sure give it that. With some more polish this game could be quite fun but as it stands now I would not recommend it.

This feels like an early access game but it's marked as a full release. If it was early access these kind of things would be excusable as it's implied they will polish it once the game is fully together. But also if it was early access then the loot boxes would be even more inexcusable.

Bottom line, the game in it's current state is not engaging and is lacking some serious polish. Should the devs finish polishing it this game has some potential to be good.
Posted July 5.
The devs had a really good game, one that I enjoyed a lot and even paid for the supporter pack for. They then took that game, removed almost every aspect of it then turned it into a battle royale game to hop on the band wagon.

After they did this despite the community telling them not to as the game they had before this change was original and fun, the game lost all of it's players. To the point that they shut down the servers. You are no longer able to even play this game at all.

I'd say don't buy it but they removed the option to do so as well.
Posted July 5.
Amazing game, great story, timeless classic. Would highly recommend.

Do note though: The game does not have the best of compatibility with windows 7+. It worked on my Windows 10 install but had hiccups such as crashes and not being able to alt tab out then back in. Using a mod I was able to mostly fix this.
Posted July 4.
Made me lose a friend.
I first heard about this game from a YouTuber I watch on his Favorite Game Animation of 2018 video. When I saw it there I found it kinda interesting, how can a 2d game with just simple shapes be considered one of the best-animated games of the year? I looked a bit more into the game and figured the concept seemed fun and it had some songs I like so I bought it to give it a try and boy was it worth it.

First off Just Shapes & Beats 100% deserved that spot on New Frame Plus's video. The animations are sublime. You'd never expect to see simple shapes convey such personality but Berzerk Studio does it so well! Everything in the entire game is just loaded with personality and creativity to the point that you can just get a feel for the dev team behind it and how much they enjoyed it themselves.

The only negative note I have on it is that my typical rule of thumb is that I get 1 hour per $1 I spend but in this game, I beat story in 4 hours. Typically this would make me more hesitant to recommend but with how beautifully crafted it is I am totally fine with letting this one issue slide. This issue could also be taken care of if the devs release a way to make custom maps, this would become one of my most played games if that was a thing.

All in all this game is wonderful and I would highly recommend it!
Posted December 31, 2018.
Really fun game to play if you stream and pretty fun game to watch people stream. Not a game to play by yourself, the aspect of having people in Twitch chat voting on what happens is what really makes the game. I love any game that lets twitch chat vote on stuff and this does that quite well.

Only recomend to people that stream though, playing this by yourself would not be any fun.
Posted March 31, 2018.
Amazing game! Love the stress aspect since it's quite innovative and not something you typically ever think of in a game. The game is also incredibly polished and is very well done.

I'd highly recommend this game to anyone that is interested in an innovative game, likes Roguelike games, or likes games that make you think about the characters.
Posted March 31, 2018.
Great devs and a pretty good game. Love the concept of a player game director although it does make the game a lot more of just a fun game to play and less of a competitive game. Also twitch integration is a plus. The community is pretty good as well.

Altogether a fun game with good devs and a good community.
< 1  2  3  4 >