Recent reviews by [FP] Dr. McKay

< 1  2  3 >
I don't think it's quite as good as JC3 in some ways, but I think it's better in others. I didn't really enjoy some of the new mechanics at first, but after some time I found that I actually kinda prefer the new way some things are done over the old ways.

Despite the negativity, I'd still say that this is a good sequel.
Posted December 29, 2018.

A developer has responded on May 9 @ 1:33am (view response)
It's a really good puzzle game. The puzzles are pretty easy until about the last quarter of the game or so, but they're enjoyable to solve nonetheless.

The story is... meh. It's one of those games that basically just gives you hints as to what the story is and you're expected to piece together the rest, which basically just results in you fan-fictioning your own plot. If you want a real plot check out the game hub discussions where some people have put together some pretty good interpretations, but don't go into this expecting a real story and to be left satisfied with the plot. The puzzles are great, but they were clearly made first (which is alright if you like a good puzzle game) with the plot kind of woven (loosely) around them. The voice acting is great; the plot is just bad.

The main puzzles will take about 4-5 hours, give or take.
Posted August 18, 2018. Last edited August 18, 2018.
Terrible game with terrible devs and terrible performance where you can buy items only to have their value revoked because muh ebil third-party marketplaces.
Posted May 3, 2018.
Valve clearly doesn't care about their customers, especially those who bought this product (and microtransactions within this product).
Posted March 30, 2018.
Zachtronics certainly knows how to make a puzzle game. Opus Magnum is somewhat SpaceChem-esque but I think it's quite a bit easier than SpaceChem and Infinifactory, which certainly isn't a bad thing.

The story is well-done and interesting and kept me coming back for more puzzles just for the story (not that the puzzles weren't enjoyable).

I'll definitely check out all future Zachtronics puzzle games without hesitation.
Posted March 21, 2018.
Modding is a core part of the PC gaming experience. I cannot recommend games which actively fight it, especially those that send C&Ds to decade-old mods in hopes of drumming up some more microtransaction sales.
Posted June 16, 2017.
I love this game. I'm a big fan of logistics games (looking at you, Factorio). This is the pinnacle of logistics gaming. Get things from point A to point B efficiently. Literally the definition of logistics.

It's just great. It's relaxing, it's fun, and it's challenging. I love it. I wish there was a "Logistics" tag on Steam.
Posted December 30, 2016.
Extremely clever, very short, and free.
Posted October 22, 2016.
This game is just so amazingly spectacular, I don't know where to start. It's like Minecraft in terms of resource gathering, except you automate everything. I'm a fan of logistic-puzzle-ish games so this game is right up my alley. This is the kind of game where you sit down to play for a few minutes, and the next thing you know, 4 hours have passed. It's just amazing.

Can't recommend it enough.

Really, even Minecraft isn't this addicting.
Posted September 17, 2016. Last edited November 23, 2016.
I honestly can't recommend BattleBlock Theater enough. It's a stellar platformer with unique mechanics and its own brand of quirkiness that it pulls off really, really well. The voice acting and cutscenes are hilarious, and the platformer mechanics just work really, really well.

One thing I will say though, it plays much better with a controller.

Also the trailers are hilarious.
Posted June 25, 2016. Last edited November 22, 2017.
< 1  2  3 >