Recent reviews by DocSeuss

< 1  2  3  4 >
The writing isn't good. It's going for melancholy but it just never feels right, it lacks any kind of dramatic urgency, it's self-indulgent. The mechanics are minimal. You walk. You press E to engage. There are no verbs here. The game wears its ideas on its sleeves.

I would not recommend it, but it's pretty, I'll give it that.
Posted December 19, 2018.
What a game. From the Homeworld-esque vibes to the breathtaking space combat, House of the Dying Sun is an amazing game, not just on a monitor, but in VR too. You absolutely should buy this. It's superb.
Posted November 25, 2018.
I love this game. Something WEIRD happened and I don't know how to describe it and I wish I could because holy shiiiiit that was incredible. I'm not sure how to avoid the shape once it targets you; doesn't seem like I can make it despawn for a while. Once it's up, it's up. Otherwise, really cool game, got some bugs, but doable.
Posted October 31, 2018.
What a remarkable game! The Colonists is a wonderful city builder that brings me great joy to play. From the cute aesthetic and great soundtrack to the gradually increasing complexity that feels neither too hard nor too simple, it's a great twist on everything I love about the genre. I'd highly recommend a purchase!
Posted October 31, 2018.
Fugue in Void is beautiful. It's not, perhaps, a game in the traditional sense. It's one of those things that a developer can do with an engine, something designed with aesthetic purposes in mind, I loved being there. Listening to it. Taking it all in. What a beautiful little thing.
Posted August 8, 2018.
I don't get a lot of pleasure out of games where all you do is walk around and listen to people talk at you. On a fundamental level, that doesn't provide the kind of interactivity I want in a video game. I play games to go places, and Gone Home's house is so sterile and its story so boring that there just isn't anything about it that I could recommend.

Steam says I have 2.4 hours on record. That's how long it took me to complete.
Posted August 6, 2018.
The game includes a spyware called Red Shell, which tracks your browsing data and sells it to third parties. Players were not adequately made aware of this information.

You gotta wonder: if the publisher and developer hate their players so much, why should players love the game?
Posted June 19, 2018.

A developer has responded on Jun 21, 2018 @ 2:43am (view response)
This is one of my favorite park management sims out there right now. You could unlock each island and call it a day, if you're a chump, but if you do that, you might not even unlock a T-Rex! It's awesome to actually try to get all the dinos and achievements; there's lots to do here. Game runs super well, though the foliage distance could be a bit better. In all, I've had a lot of fun with Jurassic World and I'll gladly pick up any DLC the developers would release. I wholeheartedly recommend this to everyone.
Posted June 16, 2018.
Hellblade may be a great game, but the store page falsely states the game has cloud support. The game does not have cloud support. You can verify this by checking the game's "updates" page in its properties. A cloud save option would be there if the game supported it. False advertising? Negative review.
Posted March 31, 2018.
How is this so good? I've put in 20 hours over the weekend and I want so much more.

I'm not really a big fan of most survival games; I've always wanted one that focused on things like "map exploration" and sneaking, and most survival games don't have that. This does. The MGSV mechanics are all here and they're great. There are a ton of tools from Metal Gear Solid V that you can unlock over time, including sniper rifles and those inflatable decoy trap things. I've been blasting dudes with my shotgun.

I'd definitely recommend it to anyone; my only real complaint is that easy mode only seems to have one map, and you can't do anything but easy mode until level 25, which is quite a few hours in the game.
Posted March 1, 2018.