Recent reviews by Deiru

One of my favourite Zachtronics games and has already doubled content from EA release.
Posted November 26, 2019.
An absolutely incredible take on the roguelike genre, mixing it with "Powder Toy" style mechanics.

At first I thought it may have just been a game using that as a cheap gimmick but the way it has been implemented is incredible, and I look forward to how it develops before leaving early access (and after).

What really sold me on this game is the depth it already shows. Many times I have thought I was "subverting" the game, getting around it with a cheap trick or some kind of exploit that the developers hadn't thought of. Each time the game has promptly reminded me that they thought of that already - and they don't punish you for thinking "outside the box", but reward you for it instead.

The spellcasting mechanic seems to be incredibly deep, but in a way that provides somewhat predictable results - if you put the effort in, while also offering completely unpredictable options if you want to take the risk of using a wand that may simply obliterate you.

Easily my favourite game of 2019 so far, and may be GOTY for me (despite it being early-access release).
Posted October 20, 2019.
This game caught me by surprise. I went in expecting "just another light-beam" game, and was surprised by the depth and complexity of the levels.

The game takes simple tools, introduces them in a way that lets you know precisely what they do, and then ramps up the difficulty once you've got the idea. While it is by no means an "easy" game - The difficulty comes from actual puzzles and never from not understanding what is expected.

Since I bought the game, another free 72 levels were added as free DLC (Level Pack 4), with again - new tools which are easily understood but result in some seriously difficult puzzles. The developers for this are very open and have helped fix unintended solutions and other problems very quickly.

Ultimately it's a great game and I've enjoyed it. 10/10, easily the best "light-beam" game I've played.
Posted August 14, 2019.
My favourite game in a long while. I wish more strategy games would take this approach rather than hidden modifiers and multipliers that make zero sense. Everything in this game is explicit about how it will help you, what it will do and how you should use it.
Posted June 28, 2019.
A short RPG game that I absolutely did not expect to be worth playing, but surprised me in the turns it ended up taking in it's story.
Posted November 29, 2016.