Recent reviews by Dasbaby

3,165.1 hrs on record (3,163.9 hrs at review time)
I'm gonna be honest, I play this game as a joke. I left it on overnight a couple times and my friends hassled me about it and I thought it was funny so I kept playing. since then I've done everything that is possible to do in this game and I'm gonna be honest, I don't see the appeal. This is not a good idle game, and this is not a good dating sim.

Now I don't really play dating sims at all, but I'm assuming that people who do really want one thing out of it, investment into the story of the game. This really doesn't happen in Crush Crush, there are no dialog options (not counting the phone flings but even in those you only ever get a choice between two options.) and honestly there's a bare bones story. I can't really compare this game to any other dating sim since the only one I've ever played is Katawa Shoujo years ago but I still have a good memory of the plot of that game because of how well it was written, Crush Crush on the other hand I could not tell you the name of a single girl in this game despite having over 3100 hours in it.

All I can say about the writing in this game is that it's a bit childish? that might not be the right word but a lot of the lines in this game make me cringe a bit, especially the phone flings. But the real problem with Crush Crush doesn't have anything to do with writing, the biggest problem is the "game play" if you can really call it that. I like idle games, they're boring but it's always been just something fun to have on in the background. Crush Crush is an idle game in the same way that walking across the united states is a fun walk, It's slow, it is so damn slow. The only thing you do in this game is wait, you wait for your skills to increase so you can unlock jobs so you can get money to buy things for the girls, that is all the game play has to offer. No new mechanics unlock at any point like any other idle game you may have played. You level up the girls to gain a reset boost to make your time waiting faster. even at a maxed out reset bonus of 2048 it still takes weeks to fully level up, unless you buy extra boost with diamonds.

Diamonds are a really insidious micro currency like most are, you earn diamonds with every new level up of your girls but only on your first time leveling them, the diamonds can be used to skip resets to keep your reset bonus, skip time forward and unlock outfits for your girls, but the only thing that diamonds are really useful for is extra time boosts. If you ever want to beat this game and unlock everything you will NEED to get a maxed out diamond boost, this will cost you a minimum of 400 diamonds. This is possible to get without spending any money but if you really want to speed this up and finish this game within more than a year you'll have to either buy diamonds which they sell in the in game store or buy a DLC character that normally costs $15, that character gives you over 300 diamonds after maxing out her level.

Now lets talk about the ultimate reward in this game the sex scenes, but if you want to see the sex scenes you need to spend $7 to buy the nudity DLC, before you buy this all of the girl's sex scenes are just them clothed laying on a bed. I know taste is subjective but I'm gonna be real here, the art is bad, the original art wasn't made for them to be nude so after the nudity DLC was released they went back over the original drawings and just drew over their exact outlines. This creates a problem when a girl wearing a bra is suddenly drawn to be nude, this issue is fixed on all the newer girls but the nudity art for the original cast is terrible, some of them legitimately look like plastic surgery gone wrong, breasts fusing together into a single blob, some in the shape of an almost perfect circle, and vaginas that look more like stab wounds than anything you would find on the human anatomy. That being said all the newer girls released in the past year or so do look much better and the artist responsible has really improved.

After all that said I really can't recommend this game, it isn't a good idle game, it isn't a dating sim, and if you're looking for something to get off too there's much better stuff for free online. If you want to play a good idle game play Trimps, and if you want a good dating sim try Katawa Shoujo if you haven't played it yet. If your looking for a game to have your friends poke fun at you for playing then go ahead and pick up this but don't really expect anything of real value from it.

I also played Sad Panda Studios other game Blush Blush and it has every single exact problem as this game but it is 100 times slower and I straight up just quit that one.
Posted December 17, 2020.
very fun
Posted November 26, 2019. Last edited November 25, 2020.
fun
Posted November 26, 2019.
bro this epic
Posted June 29, 2019.
fun
Posted November 21, 2018.
although better looking than Demolition Company the physics are sub par. some game choices don't make much sense such as you can't use the jack hammer to destroy concrete. as far as the co-op goes me and a friend spent an hour trying to host a lobby and play with each other only to be stopped by multiple errors and game crashes. I would only consider picking up this game if it was $7 or less.
Posted March 9, 2018.

A developer has responded on Mar 10, 2018 @ 12:37am (view response)