Posted: Jan 9, 2015 @ 2:46am
Updated: Nov 23, 2016 @ 6:24pm

Let's see.. are you the kind of gamer who's into...

• Looking for a very challenging but fair game?
  • Something that allows you to play any class or style you want to?
  • A game in which has amazing lore that isn't upfront about it?
  • An experience that will leave you unable to play games like Skyrim ever again?
  • NPCs and characters that will impact you even after you have turned off the game?
  • Jolly co-operation?
  • Holds a DLC that is without a doubt mind blowingly fantastic?
  • Serves you with replay value up to several runs or completely new runs?

If any of these clicked with yah, than may I introduce you to Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition as the best candidate for the job. Seriously a masterpiece of a game that at first glance... seems like a hard game. You'll probably die often which will rustle your pants, but when you really pay attention and look into the lore... my god, it's REALLY deep. Apart from games like Mass Effect and Dragon Age, along with Elder Scrolls series- this game holds a record for most hidden lore in gaming history.

Mechanics are so well done, that I can't enjoy games like Skyrim anymore without thinking back to how well Dark Souls plays out with the fighting, the classes, how weapons function, ect. I must admit, the co-op needs better support for the servers lack good connection plus how the leveling system works with co-op is flawed. Apart from that, I sincerely pray everyone gives this game a chance. It's one of my top 10 favorite games of all time!
SexyBlueTiger Jan 11, 2015 @ 9:01pm
@Caramel Frappe: No doubt that Bethesda put a half finished game. I cannot play Skyrim anymore without a host of mods, but man when it comes together with all the additional work people have put into it. It's probably one of my most played games. Dark Souls is a very different game and really the two are comparable I would agree. The story of Dark Souls is quite incredible the way they backhandly do things, like the whole thing the Knight Lautrec and the Fire Keeper. That is a bold way to do something that you don't see in any games these days. :)
Caramel Frappe Jan 11, 2015 @ 8:11pm
@SexyBlueTiger: No doubt is Skyrim still popular. I mean the amount of mods produced daily is quite insane. Skyrim has a ton of interaction and events outside of your control, because it's a sandbox open world RPG game. Dark Souls is more of a story telling game with events only you can trigger, and have little control over the outcome. Plus, the challenges and hidden lore is what makes the game shine. Both games hold value and I gotta say, I am grateful that both exist. I gave Skyrim a negative review though only because it had technical issues like bugs, crashes, and so forth. On it's own, it's an outstanding game obviously.
SexyBlueTiger Jan 11, 2015 @ 4:21pm
One thing that Skyrim has that I really enjoy (because I really liked this in LoZ: Majora's Mask) is the town interaction and how I can just sit in the market and the whole world goes on without me.