Posted: Dec 23, 2020 @ 3:03pm
Updated: May 2 @ 3:44am

Time for a serious review after over 100 hours of gameplay.

The story is captivating, especially if you are doing the side-quests because they make the story even richer.
The aesthetic is unique and the game is beautiful, with a very big but.

Almost 5 months after release, I can still see bushes and trees through the walls, which breaks the immersion every single time. Along with that, my map suddenly doesn't show marked objectives from time to time, the AI of enemies and civilians are stupid and predictable, the traffic AI is terrible, car is always on ice no matter the speed and the police conflict is easily avoided by simply running some distance away from your crime, and even if you are on 4 stars, they disappear almost immediately. Sometimes I parkour on entities and if it's something like a pipe, falling on the ground from a meter height is fatal. Main story characters go T-shape from time to time which is laughable, especially when it's supposed to be a serious scene.

And I can go on and on with funny physics and bugs of the game.

It would've been understandable if CD Projekt Red had a very limited timeline, but they worked on this game for at least 8 years. Teens like me back then awaited this game badly and expected this to be the game of the games, perfectly balanced with new experiences and most importantly, finished.

TL;DR - The story is great, but the game is literally in alpha stage.
Comments are disabled for this review.