Posted: Dec 30, 2015 @ 7:32am
Updated: Aug 24, 2016 @ 12:15am

Rytmik Ultimate is an outstanding piece of music creation software that is powerful and flexible and at the same time extremely easy to use.
If this review is too long for you, I suggest you to only read the first paragraph about the game's content and the final verdict at the end.

What can you do with this software:
You get hundreds of pre-made samples, which you can full edit. You can also make your own samples using the instrument sounds that are all included in Rytmik Ultimate. You then put those samples together and create your own song. I am pretty certain that this is the most beginner-friendly software but at the same time it is extremely powerful. All you need is some time and a good idea.
In Rytmik Ultimate, you can create your own songs or just good-sounding loops for your game.

Pros:
  • Interface | The interface includes an enormous quantity of different functions in a really small available space. Although this might make you really confused at first, you will figure things out really fast and you're gonna love it. The colours are vivid and it really makes an impression. The funny thing is that after quite a few hours, I am still finding new features even though I could easily make a song with what I knew already.
  • Included Samples | You get hundreds of samples with your purchase and a lot of different virtual instruments, prepared to play whatever you want. What is really impressive is that everything is included without having to pay for the software, samples and everything separately. This makes buying Rytmik Ultimate a crazy good deal. Every single sample is modifiable.
  • Rytmik Cloud | There is also a dedicated in-build cloud support where you can share your songs and samples with everyone. Others can play, edit, remix and rate your creations. It's great if you're lacking inspiration or just want to see how people with more experience have done something.
  • Performance | When I showed Rytmik to my brother and told him that you can edit samples while they are being listened to, he said that this must use a lot of resources. The truth is, it doesn't. In fact, it uses a lot less resources than your everyday browser does.
  • Sample Editor | This just deserves its own paragraph. Apart from editing the existing samples, you can make your own samples with an extremely powerful editor. Every sample can include up to four tracks and while editing, you can of course mute/solo individual tracks. You can edit sample's pitch, speed and tons of other things I don't understand but I know some people will find useful.
  • Visualizer | While the newly created music is playing in the background, you can switch to the Visualizer mode and watch cool patterns. There are two visualizers included and both are pretty awesome.
  • Developer Interaction | I have to say that the developer is doing a really good job interacting with the community on Steam Discussions. Not may devs do it that way.

Cons:
  • Exporting | Don't get me wrong, you can export your songs, just the way of doing so is a bit weird. When you press Export, Rytmik asks you where to put your music file and then it starts recording. It records only what it hears, so you have to press play, wait until your song is finished and press the Export button again to stop recording. It's not a very big problem for me, but it could be for someone who did a 10+ minute song. My guess is that the Unity engine doesn't allow exporting the way we would want it, but that is purely a guess.
  • Resolution | You only have one resolution available, that is 1024x768. If you switch to full-screen mode, you will get a black border around the stretched and centered image. I did not find that problematic, because the stretching does not reduce the displayed quality.
  • OS Integration | You can create music on your 3DS and iPad, but you don't get to do that on MacOS and Linux. What a shame.

The final verdict:
Rytmik Ultimate is a really good and affordable music software that anyone doing something related to music should have. It has tons of features and includes hundreds of samples. Even if you're a complete beginner on the field of music creation, you will find using Rytmik Ultimate easy and you will have no problems realizing your musical ideas.
For what it offers, Rytmik's price is a really good deal and you should get it for yourself straight away. I can't recommend it enough.

Greetings,
BirdCute

Note that my copy of this game was obtained for free for reviewing purposes. However, this did not affect the quality and objectivity of this review.

---
No drama, Just Reviews.
Holden_Mcgroin Jan 24, 2017 @ 2:34pm
Thanks for the very useful review and all the info.
BirdCute Aug 24, 2016 @ 12:15am
Thanks, I forgot to edit the review.
Pan Dimensional Being Aug 23, 2016 @ 9:55pm
Excellent review. Just wanted to let you know the video seems to have been deleted.
BirdCute Dec 30, 2015 @ 7:41am
Indeed. Creating songs is really easy with Rytmik and pretty much everything you do will sound at least decent. Can't go wrong with this one.
stubar Dec 30, 2015 @ 7:39am
Sounds like quite a good piece of software for making music for our own videos without having to worry for licenses or copyright issues.