Posted: May 1, 2017 @ 4:07am
Updated: May 3, 2017 @ 3:12am

edit: I'd rather be a neutral review but a proper party really makes all the difference for.. all (boss) fights.

Port seems okay for the most part. Still has some problems. 60fps seems to have downsides so I switched to 30fps to avoid it all. The purple fungus fight can SPIN TO WIN on you making it impossible with 60fps on and you can not outrun it. You might be able to avoid it, but I doubt it. I didn't know until I looked at the forums on how to fight the impossible.

Normal may be less annoying, but I have it set on Hard.

Boss fights lean to very annoying minigames with a few that actually involve combat fighting (at least two so far). Pinball (King Shishkebaboo) was very annoying but I think it may be a mix of my citizens failing to reach the rock at several times when I send them and.. something. Small things like that build up that make the game much more frustrating than enjoyable (and pinball is a physics minigame that I got tired of. It would have been a bit 'easier' if I had more miners and more HP since I did eventually get the rock down in seconds in one of the attempts)

The Long Sauvage was a mix of frustration but doable after a while. Using the 'wrong' formation doesn't allow you to hide in the mine shaft doors. Even the right formation sometimes doesn't hide your Little King completely and you can peek out and take damage. A few times I lost my entire party because I wasn't hidden entirely and eventually slowed down to make sure everyone was.

The game crashes randomly sometimes. A few times on a map and a few times when I was in a boss fight. Might be able to force it to crash calling citizens using the podium. Sometimes the .exe doesn't completely close and you have to force quit it as well.

The battle system gets a bit tiring when you face an enemy that can instantly kill your party. Send out your troops for 0.5 seconds, retreat, repeat. Hope for a stun effect so you can actually deal damage. You can use the ranged troops to prevent that game, but you'll run out of arrows unless you go back to the castle often or use a full party of them.

The game itself is probably better looked for opinions elsewhere. I'm enjoying it for the most part, but the minigame boss battles aren't what I would call enjoyable (except TV DInnah unless you don't pay attention and mindlessly play) and I will probably suffer for the last 2 or 3 once again.
Boxyninja Jun 22, 2017 @ 1:55pm
whoa you mean using stratagy is a good thing for bosses