Posted: Oct 8, 2016 @ 11:14am

Although the game itself as solid, as you can see in many other reviews. The business model is shameful.

(As of 8/10/16)
- Unlike league/dota etc, the only characters/champions you can play are the ones on free-rotation.
- Ranked mode is completely locked behind a paywall
- Custom modes are locked behind a payawall

If the game was just flat out £20, I would give it a positive, but as a free-to-play game, this is one of the poorest examples of a business model I've seen. I'll change my review if some of these are fixed, but I doubt this is going to happen

Pros:
- Good game ish
- Characters seem interesting and diverse

Cons:
- Unlikely to keep a community
- Terrible battle.net like launcher system
- Poor business model
Developer response:
jkarras  [developer] Posted: Jan 24, 2017 @ 12:32pm
Hey BritishFerret,

I just wanted to let you know that we've been focused on listening to our community and have recently changed our business model to be full free to play. I'd like to invite you to come check it out since you seemed to enjoy the game apart from the model.

Thanks!
-James
Ginger Oct 10, 2016 @ 3:00am
The term "Free to play" often touts a certain business model, one that can be seen in games like League of legends, Dota 2, and smite. As a free to play game, which this game is clearly marketed as, the business model is trashy and restrictive. Steam has a perfectly working "demo" function, where games aren't listed as "Free to play". If the developers wanted to offer a demo insead, they should've used that instead of marketing their game as "Free to play". As they have chosen to do so, I believe it's justified to compare it to other games under the free to play tag on Steam, like Smite and Dota.
Wrez Oct 9, 2016 @ 4:01pm
I'm confused by your comment. The game is buy to play for a flat price, like you claim you want, but you give a negative review because they offer a free to try mode? It's just the steam button that say "free to play" but reading the words from the company, it's say clearly what free mode contains.