Recent reviews by Abacus Avenger

I played this series to death in the '90s, and I'm looking forward to working my way through it again. It was very satisfying to carry my character through all 5 games, as the savegame import feature was revolutionary at the time.

These games have a wonderful blend of adventure, witty jokes, and clever game design. I'd highly recommend them to anyone, especially the third and fourth games in the series.
Posted August 29, 2016.
In my first moments with it in SteamVR, I accidentally threw a clone of Earth's moon into Earth's orbit. It audibly and visibly crashed right into the first moon. Not knowing the controls, I could only watch in horror as the exploding mass collided with Earth, decimating the entire planet and turning it into an uninhabitable fireball. Eventually I figured out how to restart the simulation and undo my mistake. Naturally, when I restarted, relieved the Earth was safe again, the first thing I did was throw seven additional moons into orbit and watch the whole thing in slow motion. 5/5 would watch Earth blow up again.
Posted May 11, 2016.
A blast from the past. I played this game a *lot* back in 1997-1998. It hasn't changed at all aesthetically, which I think is a point in its favor. If you want a game with dazzling graphics, then you should play a different game. But if you want a game that is loads of fun and can run on anything with slightly more power than a toaster, then this is the game for you.
Posted January 8, 2016.
I cannot recommend this game enough. I've already gifted copies to several friends because I really want to share these experiences, and hear others perspectives.

Before Life is Strange, I had never before played a game that made me feel like the characters in it were real. When facing an in-game decision, I found myself deliberating over what the "correct" choices were. I cared how it impacted these characters I'd come to know and love.

If you give the game a chance, I guarantee it will be an experience you won't soon forget.
Posted November 19, 2015.
Couldn't even create an account. Claimed my email address was taken, but then when I went to recover the password associated with it, it told me no account used that email. What?

Also got "banned" for a day for trying to find an available nickname. Ridiculous.
Posted December 21, 2014.