2049

Recent reviews by Mango

< 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 >
Tribal outfit + Red Panda = Yes
Posted August 31.
Pretty solid turn-based strategy game so far. Lots of interesting decisions and units and the leader creation screen alone took up an hour of my time just tinkering with all the different varieties of people you can create. Having multiple paths to each new era is great and so far I'm enjoying this game more than its major competitor. Hopefully I can still say the same after I clear a few games.

So far my only quibble is a lack of of things in-game that would make it quicker to get around. Faster camera panning, animations, unit speed movement, etc.

Otherwise, the game performs alright. I'm getting 80fps or so at 4k resolution on an AMD 3900x / RTX 3090 with my GPU being the limiting factor. The optimization can definitely be improved, but for now it's acceptable.
Posted August 17.
Black Book is a pretty fun card-based combat game with an intriguing narrative.

I don't get to see Finno-Ugric mythology all that often in games and I've been waiting on this for a long time since backing it on Kickstarter. I'm myself of Eryzan origin and it's always interesting to read about old tales. I like that a lot of the older words are defined by hovering over them. And you actually get rewarded for reading up on the in-game lore. I'm looking forward to uncovering more about the game's world as I progress further.

The combat sections have a simplistic look, yet are deeper than at first glance. The cards can interact with each other in interesting ways across multiple turns. There's general attack/defense cards, but there's also all sorts of status effects and delayed gratification types.

I would highly recommend Black Book for anyone interested in old stories and myth, especially beyond the typical Western European sort you usually come across in games. And for those looking for a solid card-based combat game.
Posted August 10.
Pretty fun arena shooter actually. The portals add something fun to the usual mix and the vibe is kinda chill. Nice more laidback shooter in between more competitive stuff. Have had 0 performance issues and run this maxed out at 4k 144hz. Game's smooth as butter.
Posted August 9.
you stacka the peeps on the alpaca
Posted August 2.
why this game so sad :(
Posted July 10.
The entire game can be finished within a half hour including all of the achievements through several replays. Mostly fun to see what each choice will result in. Can't complain for the price.
A stylish game set somewhere in Europe where bad things await. But hey, there's a goat. And you can pet the goat. Hours of quality gameplay.
There's a lot of messed up stuff going on. And I'm just a simple raccoon detective with a drinking problem. Incredible world and story so far. An excellent depiction of Vancouver. And all the prejudices of society present here under a furry exterior. Despite all the adorable animals, this ain't a kiddie game. Add it to your list if you're into the hard-boiled pulpy stuff.
As a fan of Kafka's works earlier in my youth, this lived up to my expectations of a fun game inspired by his works. Highly atmospheric, possessing interesting characters, and full of references to Kafka, this game was a short yet enjoyable journey. The music in this game was rather incredible and fit the theme/period well. I did not expect this level of quality from a game with a smaller budget. Highly recommend obtaining a copy on sale and playing it through, especially for existentialist types.
Posted May 27. Last edited May 27.
< 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 >