Posted: Oct 22, 2018 @ 1:22pm

A friend of mine gifted this game to me. The store description does a pretty good job of explaining the basics of this game.

I love this game, most of the time. The dozens of classes make for a lot of variety and replayability, and frequent updates based on community feedback and statistics keep the game fresh. Public games start with 16 players while private games can start with as few as 8. While you can leave after you're eliminated, you should always have at least half an hour to dedicate to the game before queueing for a public match. This is because leaving the game while you're still alive is both against the rules and makes for a worse experience for the rest of the players. This is especially true if the leaver had an "important class".

Sometimes, especially if you get a class you don't like, the game can get salty. Many times other people's logic won't make any sense to you. Sometimes their deduction isn't even based on logic and it's just a gut feeling. You will run into cases where you will disagree with other people, and that's just inevitable. Hence, I love this game "only" most of the time. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy vast majority of the games I play, and the awesome plays are much more memorable than the salty failures. The games are often close victories, with the winning play happening near the very end of it, and those games are usually great even if you happen to be on the losing side.

I've played this ~400 hours (at the time of writing this) in the last 10 months. It is one of those games I can pick up and expect to have a good time at the end of my day.

With the current playerbase, the longest public matchmaking times are around 8-10 minutes, but usually I can find a game within seconds.