Recent reviews by 300 Angry Kittens

I've played 800 hours and by god I'm going to play 800 more.
Posted February 27.
10/10 would customise my penis again.
Posted December 10, 2020.
Ignore all the hate on micro transactions, I'm 7 hours in and have yet to see a reason for them, there are so many captains running around there are plenty of chances to earn good quality gear just playing.

The same enemy types are back from the first game, but they also added Olag-Hai - which are basically big trolls you can only counter 1/3rd of the time - when you do get a counter though you can "ride them" and smash them into other orcs.

The nemesis system is largely expanded and the amount of traits Captains can now have is far greater and more nuanced. You can still run over the majority with the same tactics - stun, vault, executions etc. But sometimes one will be enraged by executions, or enraged by seeing a fellow captain with low health. So you have to change your style, or target one captain first - which can be hard when there are 20 orcs swarming you.

The story seems entertaining so far, although I have been largely doing side activities - of which there are lots and lots.

If you enjoyed the first then buy it - it's more of the same with lots more variety and fun combat. Can't go wrong.
Posted October 10, 2017.
30 FPS cap aside the graphics in general are awful, view distance is terrible (cars pop up so close you can’t avoid hitting them if you are driving fast), the city in the distance looks blurry, textures are awful and look obviously up scaled. I’m playing at 1440p on an NVidia 980 and 4790k @4.66. Everything maxed out, didn’t notice any frame drops. The game would look good if they released it 5 years ago.

The AI is incredibly dumb, can sneak up on them by walking up to them from any angle practically, shooting sections so far are basically galleries of dumb AI, definitely quantity over quality. Bit in the prologue where you have to get to a boss, and it just keeps spewing unlimited AI unless you advance forward.

In less than 2 hours the game has crashed to desktop twice, and froze once requiring an Alt+F4, a further time I got to an objective and it didn’t trigger the next cut scene, so had to restart the game, as it hadn’t saved my progress I had to replay the previous 10 minutes.
The one saving grace is the story, and cut scenes especially are very well detailed, with fantastic animations and voice acting, just a shame the rest of the game isn’t rendered to the same quality.

I’ve played 115 minutes and just finished the prologue, going to refund now on steam and buy it from a key reseller once it's patched a bit, dev’s don’t deserve much for putting this standard of game out.
Posted October 6, 2016. Last edited October 6, 2016.
Started playing the game yesterday with my brother in a two player co-op. 14 hours later (with one stop to cram a pizza down) we decided we had better call it a day, to be continured tomorrow.

Several cups of tea were brought to us and largely ignored because the game demands full interest. From a British gentlemen there can be no higher compliment than to put something else before a cup of tea.
Posted July 3, 2016. Last edited July 10, 2016.
10/10

Would wingsuit into cliff again.
Posted November 30, 2015. Last edited November 30, 2015.