0.0 hrs last two weeks / 1.7 hrs on record (0.3 hrs at review time)
Posted: Jan 30, 2019 @ 11:15am
Updated: Dec 31, 2019 @ 8:29am

EDIT: Review changed from not recommending to recommending!

So, I tried this game again today and I must say there has been a lot of development over a year! One thing that I complained about earlier, the steering, has been changed to work a lot better compared to the first time I tried the game. The game has gained significant performance boosts and the game mechanics are overall very nicely executed.

Also, the gun sounds in this game have more balls than any game I have ever played :D
Developer response:
Aleksey Krivoshekov  [developer] Posted: Jan 30, 2019 @ 6:20pm
Thanks for the review. This is a really early version of the game, we are working hard to make the game better, stay tuned
Ann Kisann  [developer] Jan 13, 2020 @ 7:41pm
Hello!
Thanks for your new review. We are glad you changed your mind about our game.
Stay tuned and don't miss a future update.
Ann Kisann  [developer] Mar 14, 2019 @ 3:53am
Hello!
Since your review, we had released an update for our game. We added training mode, new track and fixed some bugs. Of course the game still in early access but maybe would you like to play it again and change your view?
Aleksey Krivoshekov  [developer] Feb 4, 2019 @ 5:20pm
Thanks you for feedback, we upgraded our control system, i think you will like it. Wait for update.
SupraBeamQ1 Feb 1, 2019 @ 8:14am
(1/2)
Well I think that it would work wonders if you turning your head vertically would move you kind of like in Fancy Skiing VR, but with a lot more toned down speed for realism, point being that the player would move in the same direction after and before steering, just like how you would move in an fps game when you push and stop pushing A or D. This is something I would personally (as someone who only skii'd in childhood) feel natural, and it would make it easier and more natural to position yourself on the track when coming to corners

Then you would use your controllers as a kind of joystick and calculate their angular displacement relative to the skis direction, which would determine how fast the player turns. If players head is leaned towards left, and their controller-to-skis angular position is say, -10 degrees, then the skis automatically turn towards that direction, and stop turning until the position is 0 again.
SupraBeamQ1 Feb 1, 2019 @ 8:12am
(2/2)
This would make the game much easier to pick up, and you could throw some difficulty in the game by using beginner-level skis and such, which change the controls. Like beginner level skis would always go to the direction and perfectly align with the direction but they turn really slow, and they slow down slow, and then you would have medium-level skis which would turn faster but you would have to compensate so you wont overshoot, imagine a badly adjusted PID controller which cant properly control the process its automating, so you would have to manually adjust it. Then pro-level skis would turn even faster and would really easily go overboard.

Like in this picture. The blue line represents the ski direction. Imagine beginner-skis are the red line, green is the medium-line and pro-level skis are the purple line, and you should catch my drift
Aleksey Krivoshekov  [developer] Jan 31, 2019 @ 7:47pm
Thank you so much for your feedback - I really appreciate it!

We have tried several game control approaches and even invited a Biathlon trainer from our local biathlon team to test our latest pre-released version. The human head is the main idea of our current control of direction but you should not only rotate left/right but turn head left/right side and also rotate it. I know it could take some time to learn controls and the idea is similar when you turn body left or right to shift your body gravity in skiing.

The real biathlete feedback about our approach was pretty good but we will also try your option of rotating the head - this is a good idea!

Please let me know about game controllers, do you have an idea how to use them a friendly way?
SupraBeamQ1 Jan 31, 2019 @ 4:31am
I was really hyped for this game, and the concept is awesome but the skiin'g is way too difficult right now. On my HTC Vive it was so awkward to steer that I could only see with the corner of my eyes the path I was trying to skii towards.
SupraBeamQ1 Jan 31, 2019 @ 4:30am
Skiin'g would work much much better if you used your head to enable turning into a cerrtain direction, and then use your controllers to slightly adjust the direction you want to skii towards, and then the player would steer towards their hands direction. I know automation could take some skill away from the game but thats what our legs are, automatic. There could be casual controls like i descriped and pro controls with more difficulty in handling, like the current state if the intention is to create difficulty

Best wishes for your project! I'll be following it