Recent reviews by 110Percent

< 1  2  3 >
A silly, satirical take on the overuse of DLC in some modern games. The game itself is pretty short, but it's only a few bucks, and it's fun while it lasts. I'd say it's worth the price.
Posted June 11, 2018.
Duck Game has provided a lot of couch-party fun for my friends and me for years. The fast-paced, chaotic action of ducks jumping around and shooting each other has always managed to reel us back in whenever we want to play something, either to kill time or to scream at each other. Online was pretty fun too, although I think local cooperative play is definitely the highlight of this game.

If you hang out with friends and want something to up the energy, give this game a shot. It'll be worth your while.
Posted June 11, 2018.
Whether I'm playing Casual and getting my ears blasted by eurobeat and screaming russians, playing competitive and (somehow) playing with a friendly and enjoyable team, or surfing and regretting my existence, CS:GO has always been an experience that I enjoy, from a little to a lot. I'm not exactly up-to-date on the meta or strategies; I'm in it to either play as a team, or just shoot people and blow ♥♥♥♥ up.

All in all, CS:GO has been a lot of fun for me. If you, by some chance, don't already have it, I suggest you buy it and give it a try.
Posted June 11, 2018.
This game in itself isn't too complicated, meaning it doesn't have that steep of a learning curve. The objective is simple stay alive as long as you can, shoot enemy planes, submarines, boats and blimps down, and complete special objectives.

You can customize your plane to your liking, making the game more tailored to your playstyle. The missions can be difficult to complete, but it's amazingly satisfying when you finally tackle them all.

Overall, I say it's a great game. There's really no big faults I could find, and everything you need is laid out for you. It's a great time killer (and frustration generator), so if you want to spend $10 well, I suggest you pick up a copy.
Posted October 21, 2017.
OneShot is an absolutely beautiful game with mind-boggling 4th wall-breaking elements.
If you enjoy an extra twist on the casual game with a good story, OneShot is built for you.
Posted December 12, 2016.
Undertale is a great JRPG.

What are JRPGs? In layman's terms, they're RPG games centered around story, rather than combat. Your character has their own story, rather than them being an avatar for you.

Undertale had a good story in my eyes. Not the best story that I've ever played in a game, but it was enough to get me interested.
The characters had some good backstory, which could be viewed by accessing certain parts of the game. But, to be honest, a lot of the backstory is fan-made or implied, and not specifically stated. The game leaves a lot of loose ends for the player to figure out what happened before the events of the game. Not something I particularily enjoy, but it didn't really get in the way of gameplay a noticeable amount.
It was, for the most part, a light-hearted but serious-at-times story, a-la-Disney.

Story: 7/10

Okay, I'm going to get this out right now before someone stops me.
I think Undertale's gameplay was absolute garbage.

Yes, I think it was interesting to mix the bullet-hell genre with a turn-based RPG. I get it. It's a neat idea. But in execution, there were elements that were underused, overused, or completely forgotten.

No status effects (wat), No blocking, hell, there was only one damaging attack (although I understand that wasn't the point of the game, so Toby gets a freebie on that one.)

My point being, Toby seemed to have forgotten which genre of game he was developing, and messed up the other genre.

Gameplay: 3/10

Soundtrack

This one got me. If you know me in real life, or just know me at all, you should definitely know that I'm a sucker for soundtracks. I listen to video game soundtracks more than I listen to real music.

This game had great music, in my eyes (or ears?). Most of the good tracks were boss themes, and the reason they were so great is that they fit so well with the bosses you were fighting against. You could definitely hear the pang of regret in Toriel's theme, the stab of perseverance in Undyne's theme, and the glamorous narcissism in Mettaton EX's theme.

Overall, the game's soundtrack was well-created to allow you to experience the game in a more enjoyable manner.

Soundtrack: 9/10

Undertale does a great job of mixing Pixel graphics with modern-esque styles. Enemies are all pixellated, but they (for the most part) animate so well. You can see Madgick bouncing around, Undyne holding her spear, bouncing around, Final Froggit... bouncing... around...

Well, you get the point. Toby does a good job of using pixel graphics without resorting to static sprites. Good on you for that, Toby.

Also, don't forget that mind♥♥♥♥ of a pseudo-last boss. Those graphics were like an acid trip.

Graphics: 8/10

TOTAL SCORES:
Story: 7/10
Gameplay: 3/10
Soundtrack: 9/10
Graphics: 8/10

OVERALL SCORE
6.75/10

Not the best game, but certainly not the worst. Play it for yourself and see how you like it!
Posted November 30, 2016. Last edited November 30, 2016.
Every time I die, I exit the game and stare at my screen for a solid minute. Afterwards, I reopen the game and continue to hate my life.
Posted July 5, 2016.
I'm gonna be completely honest here.
This is one of the best, most fun, and most satisfying games I have ever played.

As you can imagine, One Finger Death Punch consists of a stickman, controlled by you, that beats up, stabs, impales, explodes, launches, and maims other stickmen left and right.

Without further ado, I'll list off some of the best aspects of the game:

Coolness Factor
This game is cool. There. I said it.
You know those games that look incredibly cool when you see that guy playing it, or one of your friends playing it, and you think "wow, that's really cool!" This is one of those games.
The response time this game requires of you is incredible, and probably 95% of it is played directly off reflexes. You can perfectly pull off a light-speed fist fight with someone and have no idea how you did it afterward.

It's Chaotic
This game is INCREDIBLY chaotic.
There's so much happening on the screen at the same time it can get difficult to see what's going on.
However, it's never too much to make you go "Damn, I can't see a thing on the freakin' screen!"
You will get random effects when you kill people. Eyeballs will fly, ribs will crack, people will go flying only to be impaled by their own weapons as they fall, and other incredible deaths, all in slow-motion.
But you know what? It all fits perfectly with the gameplay. It's not disctracting from your main goal.

Satisfaction
This game is so satisfying.
One Finger Death punch is a game you can play for hours on end because it's just so fun to play.
I cannot even describe to you how satisfying it is to finish a level after defeating 150 enemies. You feel like a god. You just want to play more. It's so perfect.

I'm sure there are a million more pros to this game I could name off, but you'd have to see them for yourself by playing the game. It's only Five Dollars (Canadian), and it's even less when it goes on sale.

This is a definite recommendation for anyone; casual or intense gamer.
Posted May 29, 2016.
This game is a great combination of physics, skill, and perseverance. If you've ever played "You Have to Win the Game" before, think about that game with enhanced graphics, an actual story, and new mechanics.

Definitely reccomend to anyone, be it casual or hardcore gamer.
Posted October 31, 2015.
Crawl is a beautiful combination of teamwork, skill, and luck.

In Crawl, your job is to venture through various rooms, where you try to find monsters, which are spawned by other players. Upon slaying these monsters, you gain experience points, which you can use to fight the boss after you have collected enough.

If your friend (a monster) kills you, you swap places, meaning you spawn the monsters, and they fight them. When you kill the adventurer, you gain "hero blood" which you can trade for gold to spend at a shop, spending it on weapons, allies, and abilities.

When you eventually fight the boss, the game doesn't stop being multiplayer. Oh, no. The non-adventurers must actually possess parts of the massive boss and work together to defeat the adventurer. If the adventurer kills the boss, he/she wins. If the boss "kills" (you teleport back aways) the adventurer 3 times, the game is over.

When a game is over, you can unlock new monsters which players can transform their previous monsters into. You also unlock new abilities for monsters and adventurers, etcetera.

Overall, I think that Crawl is a masterpiece. The pixel-art blends very well with the shifts in scene, the soudtrack is amazing, and the gameplay itself is one-of-a-kind.

I rate this game 10/10, and it's still in development. I highly suggest you buy this game if you're even remotely interested.
Posted April 10, 2015.