STEAM GROUP
Steam Universe Steam U
STEAM GROUP
Steam Universe Steam U
24,555
IN-GAME
314,894
ONLINE
Founded
September 23, 2013
All Discussions > Steam OS > Topic Details
jvert Dec 3, 2015 @ 5:31pm
SteamOS brewmaster update 2.55 pushed to brewmaster_beta
This updates to the 4.1.13 kernel which fixes a regression in the Intel graphics driver. Also a compositor fix and the usual rollup of security fixes.

Last edited by jvert; Dec 3, 2015 @ 5:31pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 41 comments
dubigrasu Dec 3, 2015 @ 5:45pm 
Thank you.
økonomi Dec 3, 2015 @ 5:46pm 
Awesome!
XÆЯO_Vince Dec 3, 2015 @ 6:03pm 
Excellent. Now it just a needs a proprietary graphics driver upgrade pushed for the next update.
Last edited by XÆЯO_Vince; Dec 3, 2015 @ 6:04pm
martinoj2009 Dec 3, 2015 @ 8:09pm 
Awesome to see updates still coming. For some reason I thought we wouldn't see updates for a while after those rocky reviews. Hopefully we see Vulkan in that list one day soon.
NeptNutz Dec 3, 2015 @ 8:25pm 
"Curse you longterm!!!!"

Daddy needs a 4.2 with all those AMDGPU yummies!
XÆЯO_Vince Dec 3, 2015 @ 8:25pm 
With the Intel driver being fixed, I think I will give SteamOS a whirl on some real spare hardware this time rather than just VMware.
XÆЯO_Vince Dec 3, 2015 @ 8:30pm 
Originally posted by NeptNutz:
"Curse you longterm!!!!"

Daddy needs a 4.2 with all those AMDGPU yummies!

;)

https://packages.debian.org/jessie-backports/linux-image-4.2.0-0.bpo.1-amd64

Kind of a use at your own risk deal, though.
TransistorCowboy Dec 3, 2015 @ 11:13pm 
Sweet! Nice to see things rolling, awesome work
Unyieldingly Dec 4, 2015 @ 4:03am 
Originally posted by XÆЯO:
Excellent. Now it just a needs a proprietary graphics driver upgrade pushed for the next update.
Nvidia and AMD need to release drivers worth updating too
3vi1 Dec 4, 2015 @ 4:40am 
Hmmm... After the update, and multiple reboots, I still have the notification that I need to "Restart to Update SteamOS". System info shows I'm already running 2.55.

I'm also seeing more buggy behavior (screen started flickering at the point the screensaver would come on and system was unresponsive until RSEIUB reboot, repeating UI sounds after opening web browser to write this, etc...), but these could also be due to the latest steam client update.

This is on an Alienware i7 Steam Machine - using the SteamOS install as shipped.

Update: I went into desktop mode and ran apt update from there and found there were a few updated packages like linux firmware and chrome (maybe all stuff related to apps I installed in desktop mode). After updating those and rebooting, the notification that I needed to restart has gone away as it should. Maybe that notification should not be triggered if the repository with available updates is not one of the SteamOS repos?
Last edited by 3vi1; Dec 4, 2015 @ 5:24am
ProfessorKaos64 Dec 4, 2015 @ 5:21am 
Spectacular update, thank you for your hard work.
LM | tendonut Dec 4, 2015 @ 5:39am 
Well I've encountered an interesting issue. I just switched to the beta repo, ran the updates, and now the Steam client in BPM keeps rejecting my password. I went to my phone and to my desktop and was able to use the Username/password just fine. I even tried to humor it and reset my password but it claims it can't find my email. I have a feeling "Incorrect Password" is not really what the error is, but BPM is dumbing it down.

EDIT:
I was looking through the connection logs (/home/steam/.local/share/Steam/logs/connection_log.txt)

and see a bunch of Invalid Password message. I am absolutely providing it with the correct password.

[2015-12-04 08:54:49] [1,2] Connect() starting connection (eNetQOSLevelHigh, 208.78.164.11:27019, UDP) [2015-12-04 08:54:50] [1,2] ConnectionCompleted() (208.78.164.11:27018, UDP) [2015-12-04 08:54:50] [1,2] RecvMsgClientLogOnResponse() : [U:1:10442979] 'Invalid Password' [2015-12-04 08:54:50] [1,2] AsyncDisconnect() [2015-12-04 08:54:50] [0,0] ConnectionDisconnected('Disconnected By Remote Host') : 'Invalid Password' (208.78.164.11:27018, UDP) [2015-12-04 08:54:50] [0,0] ConnectionDisconnected() not auto reconnecting due to eResultLogonSession specifies no reconnect [2015-12-04 08:55:38] [0,0] SetSteamID( [U:1:10442979] ) [2015-12-04 08:55:38] [0,0] SetSteamID( [U:1:10442979] ) [2015-12-04 08:55:38] [1,8] Connect() starting connection (eNetQOSLevelHigh, 208.78.164.11:27019, UDP) [2015-12-04 08:55:38] [1,8] ConnectionCompleted() (208.78.164.13:27017, UDP) [2015-12-04 08:55:38] [1,8] RecvMsgClientLogOnResponse() : [U:1:10442979] 'Invalid Password' [2015-12-04 08:55:38] [1,8] AsyncDisconnect()
Last edited by LM | tendonut; Dec 4, 2015 @ 6:00am
Shark Dec 4, 2015 @ 6:10am 
Originally posted by LM | tendonut:
Well I've encountered an interesting issue. I just switched to the beta repo, ran the updates, and now the Steam client in BPM keeps rejecting my password. I went to my phone and to my desktop and was able to use the Username/password just fine. I even tried to humor it and reset my password but it claims it can't find my email. I have a feeling "Incorrect Password" is not really what the error is, but BPM is dumbing it down.

EDIT:
I was looking through the connection logs (/home/steam/.local/share/Steam/logs/connection_log.txt)

and see a bunch of Invalid Password message. I am absolutely providing it with the correct password.

[2015-12-04 08:54:49] [1,2] Connect() starting connection (eNetQOSLevelHigh, 208.78.164.11:27019, UDP) [2015-12-04 08:54:50] [1,2] ConnectionCompleted() (208.78.164.11:27018, UDP) [2015-12-04 08:54:50] [1,2] RecvMsgClientLogOnResponse() : [U:1:10442979] 'Invalid Password' [2015-12-04 08:54:50] [1,2] AsyncDisconnect() [2015-12-04 08:54:50] [0,0] ConnectionDisconnected('Disconnected By Remote Host') : 'Invalid Password' (208.78.164.11:27018, UDP) [2015-12-04 08:54:50] [0,0] ConnectionDisconnected() not auto reconnecting due to eResultLogonSession specifies no reconnect [2015-12-04 08:55:38] [0,0] SetSteamID( [U:1:10442979] ) [2015-12-04 08:55:38] [0,0] SetSteamID( [U:1:10442979] ) [2015-12-04 08:55:38] [1,8] Connect() starting connection (eNetQOSLevelHigh, 208.78.164.11:27019, UDP) [2015-12-04 08:55:38] [1,8] ConnectionCompleted() (208.78.164.13:27017, UDP) [2015-12-04 08:55:38] [1,8] RecvMsgClientLogOnResponse() : [U:1:10442979] 'Invalid Password' [2015-12-04 08:55:38] [1,8] AsyncDisconnect()
How are you typing your password? If you are using a keyboard keep in mind that SteamOS uses the US International QWERTY layout, regardless of what the buttons on your keyboard say.
LM | tendonut Dec 4, 2015 @ 6:16am 
I tried with both the keyboard I have, and the Steam Controller.

What was even more bizarre, which leads me to believe there is something else going on, is when I go to reset my password using the Steam BPM interface, it claims it can't find my email address on file either. So I think there is a comm issue or some misconfiguration here.

The password WAS saved prior to the beta update and would auto-log me in, but after the update, it immediately said "incorrect password", then kicked me to the BPM login screen. I have Intel graphics though, and the box has been sitting idle for a few weeks, waiting for this kernel update to get pushed.
Last edited by LM | tendonut; Dec 4, 2015 @ 6:26am
NeptNutz Dec 4, 2015 @ 7:28am 
Originally posted by LM | tendonut:
I tried with both the keyboard I have, and the Steam Controller.

Unplug the Steam Controller if you haven't yet. There is a real naggy firmware being pushed on it.

Also, have you tried a PS/2 connector on either keyboard?
Last edited by NeptNutz; Dec 4, 2015 @ 7:42am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 41 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

All Discussions > Steam OS > Topic Details
Date Posted: Dec 3, 2015 @ 5:31pm
Posts: 41