STEAM GROUP
Steam Remote Play homestream
STEAM GROUP
Steam Remote Play homestream
2,688
IN-GAME
37,711
ONLINE
Founded
November 7, 2013
Steam crashing when opening Steam Link
I have a problem with Steam Link where I press play on Steam Link and it will open Steam, but will crash Steam and Steam Link will be in this constant loop until it restarts the app and sends me back to the home screen. I recently got a new graphics card, the old one did not have this problem. I don't know if the graphics card is the problem.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
_I_ May 15 @ 6:27pm 
steam client crashing on the host?

most likely drivers on the host
get the correct drivers (chipset, usb, audio, lan) from oem or mobo mfg site, and gpu driver from amd/nvidia/intel (use ddu to wipe old gpu drivers and disable windows driver updates)
kowloon May 16 @ 7:24pm 
Originally posted by _I_:
steam client crashing on the host?

most likely drivers on the host
get the correct drivers (chipset, usb, audio, lan) from oem or mobo mfg site, and gpu driver from amd/nvidia/intel (use ddu to wipe old gpu drivers and disable windows driver updates)

Resetted my pc, updated everything. Nothing seems to work.
_I_ May 16 @ 7:54pm 
post a cpuz validation link
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html
cpuz -> validate button -> submit button
it will open a browser, copy the url (address) and paste it here
kowloon May 16 @ 7:58pm 
Originally posted by _I_:
post a cpuz validation link
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html
cpuz -> validate button -> submit button
it will open a browser, copy the url (address) and paste it here
https://valid.x86.fr/xssg1f
_I_ May 16 @ 8:41pm 
get the drivers from hp, its a custom board from them

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/desktops

and gpu driver from amd
https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-rx-6000-series/amd-radeon-rx-6400-series/amd-radeon-rx-6400


and check cpuz speed tab and select a dimm, make sure its 2400 profile matches the memory tab timings
freq shows a little low, but thats fine, intel does not like fsb/bclk over 100, saver to be at 99.x
Last edited by _I_; May 16 @ 8:45pm
Ceifador Jun 30 @ 9:53pm 
Originally posted by kowloon:
I have a problem with Steam Link where I press play on Steam Link and it will open Steam, but will crash Steam and Steam Link will be in this constant loop until it restarts the app and sends me back to the home screen. I recently got a new graphics card, the old one did not have this problem. I don't know if the graphics card is the problem.

The same thing happened to me.
I think the RX 6400 is not compatible with Steam Remote Play.
Probably because of the lack of necessary codecs.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50