We have shipped a crucial hotfix to the unstable beta branch, bringing server optimization, minor adjustments, and some bugs & game exploits fixed! This hotfix is focused on game performance and putting an end in a few nasty bugs you guys have reported to us. We do appreciate every single feedback from the community and the team is already planning the next steps with the beta. You'll hear more from us soon and, hopefully, we'll be able to make necessary changes and tweaks you've been asking for.
- Added a small cooldown before stamina starts to regenerate after you start walking in order to prevent the "infinite stamina" exploit.
- Reduced the time to wait for panicking after switching to a weapon from 0,5 seconds to 0,25 seconds.
- Fixed SourceMod (1.10 - build 6460) menus not showing up.
- Fixed "sv_zps_afk_time" and "sv_zps_afk_time_lobby" not working properly.
- Moved the characters data parsing code from the player class to the game rules class in order to optimize the code.
- (Windows only) Removed SDK 2013's QuickTime video provider, we're using Bink instead and might fix some startup issues for some players.
- Clients are no longer able to join teams when the round is ending or ended.
- Clients are no longer able to respawn when the round is ending or ended.
- Fixed dead infected Survivors delaying round end.
- Fixed delivery items not adding weight.
- Fixed infection not being removed on dead players.
- Fixed "mp_timelimit" live changes not being taken into account.
- Reduced the maximum amount of phone messages to transmit between client/server in order to optimize the network code and reduce bandwidth usage.
- Reworked how round end time is networked in order to reduce bandwidth usage.
- Keretti (Objective)
- Radio prop can no longer be destroyed.
- Disabled collisions on the fuse and the bomb in the basement causing players to get stuck when arming it.
- Reworked outside ladder near house's kitchen door so that crouched players are able to climb it instead of being forced to drop down and climb it again while standing.
- Fixed team killing granting kill points to the attacker.
With today's patch out to unstable
, it will improve the testing of the beta in the official and community 3.1 servers. We'll continue to play with you all during the weekends (if we get a free time to play on), hear your thoughts about the update and discuss it together! Please, consider sharing your feedback in our forums
where we can go back and read them anytime.
See you there,
- Zombie Panic! Development Team