Hi there everyone,
It's been a while, these past few months were extremely busy, as some of you mentioned in the forums, Quest of Dungeons was recently released for Nintendo Switch, along with that some tweaks and a bit of new content.
Calling it "3.0" (how original) - I'm releasing this new content for free without charging for extra DLC or anything like that, but this takes a lot of work to do in any case, so I'll need help with testing just to make sure stuff isn't broken, new features are always trick, especially on a game that is already released.
There are several changes but the biggest ones are that the game has a whole new mansion with more tiles and enemy sprites. Also a new main screen animation. I added support for Japanese localization and that made me tweak a lot of things to make it worked with the different charset. HiDPI screens
A bug that has been annoying a couple players for some time is when playing on hi-dpi screens. By default Windows scales all software, so if your hi-dpi screen is at 200% when creating a 1024x768 it will in fact be 2048x1536, that can be solved by disabling display scaling on high DPI settings on compatibiliy settings (http://steamcommunity.com/app/270050/discussions/0/558752356890605349/)
but it was not ideal. I'm pushing a fix in this new version that should take care of this problem.
May take some time to push this from beta to update to everyone, but let see how this goes.
I've just updated the Steam version in a separate branch [beta_v3] so we can try stuff out without breaking the game to everyone, feel free to try it.
How to test?
The beta is only available on Win now (easier to maintain just one for now, sorry) and you can access by switching to the Beta branch (just right-click Ques of Dungeons on Steam -> Properties -> Betas. You can go back to regular when you want at any time.
This is just a small list of improvements, everything not listed is mainly small fixes, improvements.
- Whole new main menu animation and sprites (looks really cool imo)
- Added whole new Dungeon "Rothar" (new floor sprites and enemies) that you unlock after finishing the other ones.
- Added a tab for "Achievements" in Leaderboards menu
- Added Japanese language, this was a big change requiring tweaks in a lot of places to fit JP char set (fingers crossed I didn't broke anything)
- [Game Controller only]Minimap can now be close by pressing Minimap shortcut button again, B/Close button still applies
- Tentative fix for hi-dpi screens.
- 2 new achievements (can't be unlocked during Beta)
- A whole new Easter Egg (good hunting)
- Several other tweaks and improvements
Thank you for all the help and support, if you like the game don't forget to tell your friends that Quest of Dungeons is a game to consider :)