Hey everyone got meaty patch for you guys this time focusing on improving the drawing tool with improved visuals and functionality. We also got a plethora of great VR improvements that can be seen below like virtual hands. Also like normal we got a bunch of great scripting improvements.
- Sharper less blurry look.
- Added line, box, and circle tool.
- Can now control thickness using +/-.
- Added draw indicator to easier to see where you will be drawing.
- Can now draw on any angled surface on objects.
- Pixel paint removed.
- Fixed up bugs plaguing lines on objects.
- Added Steam rich presence to see what games your friends are playing and if there is any room!
- Server browser now streams in results instead of in one big chunk.
- You can stop this refresh by clicking the refresh again.
- Raised max packet size from 1 mb to 10 mb allowing you to load larger save files when promoted.
- Input fields are now auto selected for popup dialogs.
- Removed "Hacking in Unity" discord message.
- Objects will now have their face hidden while face-down (set per object, defaults to on for objects such as cards / decks / dominos)
- Rotation Value identifiers which begin with `#` will not be displayed in tooltip.
- Tutorial now always uses Museum backdrop (as it has good text contrast)
Updates to the new Wait class:
- Added repetitions to Wait.time to better emulate Timer. Wait.time(func, time, number_repetitions).
- Using -1 will cause infinite repetitions
- Improvements to stop() so it should work more as expected.
Returns from getObject and getStates improved to a common standard, includes:
- Name and Nickname
- Lua Script and Lua Script State
New Object functions:
- obj.drop() causes the item, if held by a player, to be dropped.
- setHiddenFrom(players) Hides objects from a specific player/players. Uses "hand zone" hiding.
- setInvisibleTo(players) Hides objects from a specific player/players. Uses "hidden zone" hiding.
- attachHider(...) and attachInvisibleHider(...) are more advanced version of
- setHiddenFrom and setInvisibleTo, there to help handle complex situations easily.
Old Object Functions (with new features!)
- setRotationValues() now allows you to start a name/value with a # and it won't display the value in the tooltip.
- randomize(color) Now an optional string can be added so that
- onObjectRandomized will trigger, indicating that player color triggered it.
New base function:
- get/setVectorLines() Allows for lines to be placed via scripting using the new vector line tools`
New Spawnable object: Custom Decks!
- Technically this was added before, but now it works and is documented!
- Spawn using spawnObject then set it using setCustomObject
Clarifications to the Object class
- Some functions, let setSnapPoints or call, work on both Object and Global.
- To highlight which Object functions can be directed at the game world, they have been broken out on the Object page into a "Global Functions" section.
New Object member Variables
- use_rotation_value_flip can be used to modify which direction objects flip.
- is_face_down determines if an object's "face" is pointed down (like with cards). The face is the direction that faces the positive Y value.
- hide_when_face_down hides an Object when it is face-down. Objects are hidden like if in a hidden zone. The face is the direction that faces the positive Y value.
- onObjectEnterContainer has long been a requested event, and it is now available!
- New virtual hand feature that lets you interact with your hand just like if it was attached to your left controller.
- Click trigger while holding a card to straighten it and hide it from other players. Click again to toggle.
- When you pull an object out of the search inventory (for example, removing a card from a deck) it will appear at the controller tip, and be grabbed if possible.
- Improved controller tooltips.
- Tooltip showing click button for Vive on main menu.
- Fixed VR tutorial.
- Flick and Line tools now working properly.
- Reduced jitter on scale + rotate.
- Up no longer defaults to teleport (but that can be re-enabled with `vr_teleport_with_pad`)
- Down on pad now defaults to Zoom, on both controllers.
- Pad now has context commands when hovering over objects.
- Lots of other VR changes/improvement that can all be found here.
- Added a stats monitor for fps, memory, and sound.
- Activated with stats_monitor console cmd.
- Fixed auto raise over tablet freaking out.
- Fixed input bug spamming hotkeys into input fields when first selecting.
- Fixed locking object while it then unlocking it dropping through world.
- Fixed splitting into 10 decks merges some of the decks.
- Fixed decal on flipped cards bug.
- Fixed vector, decals, infinite bags hiding bugs.
- Fixed onscreen hands not showing decals and vector lines.
- Fixes convert URL to steam cloud now works on UI custom assets.
- Fixed string size limit over the network being increased for large xml.