We just released a small set of tweaks. Some of you have been experiencing low frame rates in the game. This issue is very difficult to adress because of the technology used to make the game, but if you're having frame rate issues, there's three things you can try:
1) Lower your monitor's display resolution before launching the game.
2) Lower the graphical settings in the game's Settings.
3) Tell Steam you want to download the Experimental branch (Properties > Betas > Experimental).
You might have to launch it outside of Steam.Does the experimental branch mess with my save games?
Yes. Your old saves won't display properly in the experimental branch, since it's running its own save game system. If you switch back to the default branch, they'll be there waiting for you just like normal.Does the experimental branch mess with my achievements?
Yes. They won't display properly in the experimental branch. And they won't unlock to Steam. Switching back to the default branch will make everything work like normal.Will the experimental branch ever replace the default version?
No. It's just something I've been tinkering with to help more players be able to play at a normal frame rate.
Since I can't replicate the issue on any of my computers, I'm taking a stab in the dark here. If anyone tries it and finds it affects performance in any way – good/bad/ugly – don't be shy!
- Added experimental Steam branch
- Added failsafe language check when loading XML files
- Optimised UI for performance
- Added calls for the ’End Chapter 2’ achievement
- Fixed bugs in the Mover’s dream
That's it. Don't be shy if you encounter any problems in the game.