Hello Cold War strategist! As the game is growing and reaching a lot of new players, today we are launching a much-anticipated update of the in-game Encyclopedia. Join me, Seth, as you boot up game version AN/GSQ-235(V)982.
The New Encyclopedia
Like any grand strategy game, Terminal Conflict is a dense game with lots of information to remember. One of the most requested feature is by new players to decrease their learning curve. Over the last year, we have worked towards improving the new player's experience. Our goal has been to update the tutorial methodology, uncluttering the display of information, and our latest change. Let me present to you our improved encyclopedia system!
The system is a drill-down group of menus accessed by the Information icon at the top right of the screen. It’s organized to give you the information on your finger; I mean mouse tips. Here you can find details of all the different aspects of the game broken down by updated categories and items.
Let's look at getting to one of my favorite entries, Nuclear Weapons. You choose the option “Developing Technologies and Research” it's the one with the cute beaker icon. Then drill down to “Nuclear Weapons” and you will see all the options for items in your terminal associated with nukes.
All the entries with a > bracket before them are categories, while all the items with a dot before them are individual information pages. Selecting “Launching The Apocalypse”, you will see how to do it and the effects it will have. Perfect for us that are MAD about nukes!
We’ve put all the topics into the new encyclopedia to help you out when you get started or when you just need a reference. Simply remember to click the info :info: button to get to it at any time.
YouTube Beginners Guide
Speaking of getting started. Check out our beginner’s guide to the game. This is a great resource if you’re interested in how to get a good start and or want a friend to check out the game. It will help you get up to speed on the inside scoop on how to play from the designers.
For those more advanced, catch up on Terminal Thursday’s Multiplayer challenge Videos on the same channel, another way to learn some great strategies for Cold War world domination.
One More Thing
I wanted to let you in on a secret. We have revamped the Soviet elite system to be better in line with the changes that we made to the US system. I promise details about that in the next diary. Intel might stop by with some tips on how to make the most of these changes.
Of course, we love hearing from you. Let us know in the comments, the Discord, or even on Twitter how you feel about the changes. Do you feel we left something out of the Encyclopedia or something that needs more clarity in explaining, voice your opinion on what you would like to see. We would be glad to consider it.
Until we meet again! Seth signing off.
I) New Soviet Elites interests system
II) Development continues for Contras in Latin America.
III) Policies are getting rolled out with each new patch.
- Updated game engine to Unity version 2020.3.10.0f
- Updated Visual Studio package to version 2.0.11
- Updated the sprite sheet to reflect the sprites
- Fixed issue with text mesh pro sprites were not being masked outside of a view area scroll view
- Fixed an issue where the MAC iOS version was incorrectly giving an error
- Fixed an issue where highlighting for policies was not working as intended
- Fixed an issue where if you have 0 People Interests you cannot move units into focus theaters
- Fixed an issue where the US grand campaign could sometimes result in the tutorial being soft locked
- Fixed a bug that would occur when doing a Carrier Strike against a Reorganizing unit that incorrectly displayed the unit being lost instead of being set to withdraw.
- Fixed an issue where a wargame with a SelectedFocus set in WargamesMode.json triggered an exception when saving and reloading during any non-initial focus selection on the first timeline.
- Fixed an issue where loading a savegame in focus selection state incorrectly selected the world overview menu instead of the focus management menu.
- Fixed an issue where Oil Concession was missing IRAQ from the setup
- Updated the triggers for Oil Concessions
- Fixed an issue where the Berlin Blockade would not correctly deduct Finance from the United States
- The Treaty of Lagos now grants 2 US influence in each of MAURITANIAN-SENEGALESE ZONE, MALIAN-NIGERIAN ZONE, WEST AFRICAN COAST ZONE and NIGERIA if the US has presence there instead of 1.
- The Treaty of Lagos now activates the Sub-Saharan Scramble policy for the USA
- FNLA Movement now grants 2 Elites to the US instead of 1.
- Mining Concessions now grant 4 influence in Sub-Saharan Africa instead of 2.
- An African Base now grants US military unit deployment for 0 Finance instead of 1 until the end of the focus.
- Each factions five expansionist policies are limited to be implemented once per turn.
- Fixed an issue where Nationalization of Wealth was not working as designed
- PoliciesMenuPolicyImg object naming follows the policy name
- Cultivate Relations and The Ascending Titan no longer ends the turn for the Soviet union when enacted
- Managing Domestic Interests to Enact Policies sub-menu added
- USA Sub-Saharan Africa:
- NEW SUB-SAHARAN SCRAMBLE: Spend 3 VP. Gain 6 US INFLUENCE in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- NEW AMERICAN CULTURALIZATION: Reduce US MILITARY ALIGNMENT by 1 to gain 8 VP.
- Updated Wirtschaftswunder decision chain and updated documentation for the same
- Updated the Wirtschaftswunder for Balance of Power
- Fixed an issue where some of the text in The Big Picture was corrupted
- Fixed an issue that was causing the decision and narrative decision texts to be incorrectly displayed
- Added Molotov's decision chains to Balance of Power scenario
- Decision 31071 typo in image path fix
- Updated Domestic mismanagement warning to clarify the issue for the China Card scenario
- Renamed the German-Polish Border Deliberation to the German-Polish Border Wrangle and updated the text to clarify the role of the USSR
- Soviet decision Concessions now grants 1 GOVERNMENT when triggered
- Fixed an issue where Soviet Finance & Elites Mismanagement would in some instances not trigger properly
- NEW Implemented Initial Encyclopedia menu
- NEW Updated the Encyclopedia with new icons
- NEW Added a new Back button navigation system
- Added two new requested entries for Factions and Regions
- Implemented The Basics of the Gameplay
- Updated some encyclopedia entries to reflect changes in the design document
- Readjusted the Welcome Back greeting text
- Fixed an issue where the Submarine Fleet menu would not launch correctly
- Fixed capitalization not being standardized in the encyclopedia
- Updated the state machine for MIRVIN Encyclopedia
- Unified the subject titles
- Fixed an issue where Land units in the Urals would be positioned incorrectly in the region
- Fixed an issue where the Global Map button would not be available when entering the menu
- Fixed an issue where completing the Space Race would not correctly triggers the Steam achievement.
- Fixed an issue where Hail to the Chief would in some instaced not be correctly awarded
- Updated Text integrated Sprites with new sprites and compressed the sprite-sheet for better optimization on older machines
- Sprite sheet character table glyph references fix
- Fixed an issue where the Submarine Fleet Sprite would not be correctly shown
- Fixed an issue where Intelligence Sprites would be shown incorrectly
- CRT effect preset fix
- Fixed an issue where the CRT effect would be shown incorrectly
- Fixed an issue where sprites in the editor would be shown incorrectly
- UILineRenderer fix
- Updated the reflection animation
- Fixed an issue where returning units to the Command Reserve was showing the wrong font type
- Fixed a bug where the Sprite for Espionage and Infiltration was incorrectly switched in some instances